How much has our fan base grown in the last few years?

Allen

First Team
I'm looking at the fixtures and would love to do a few away trips, but I doubt I will have enough points for a lot of them.
I think the points system is fair and those with many fully deserve to be prioritized.
When we were last in the premier league, it was easy to get tickets for away days, just walking into the club shop to buy tickets. I went to WBA away on the first game of the season after our record finish, just a couple of days before the season kicked off & there were loads of tickets available, no points required. I went to Chelsea away when we hammered them, the same thing.
Last season there were a few games I fancied, but didn't have enough points. This season, if we are competitive, I think we will easily sell out our allocation for every game & that support will be massive for our survival. It's also good to have that next generation of supporters coming through.

I'm looking at the fixtures and would love to do a few away trips, but I doubt I will have enough points for a lot of them.
I think the points system is fair and those with many fully deserve to be prioritized.
When we were last in the premier league, it was easy to get tickets for away days, just walking into the club shop to buy tickets. I went to WBA away on the first game of the season after our record finish, just a couple of days before the season kicked off & there were loads of tickets available, no points required. I went to Chelsea away when we hammered them, the same thing.
Last season there were a few games I fancied, but didn't have enough points. This season, if we are competitive, I think we will easily sell out our allocation for every game & that support will be massive for our survival. It's also good to have that next generation of supporters coming through.

It's grown but you'll be fine if you pick up some early points, other than against the bigger sides. My prediction is that touts are going to have a field day this season and our away ends are going to be infested with day-tripper glory hunter big six supporters.

What I would like to know is...
Is someone who has been to twenty games a year for two years more or less of a fan than someone who has been to two games a year for twenty years?

What I would like to know is...
Is someone who has been to twenty games a year for two years more or less of a fan than someone who has been to two games a year for twenty years?

There is NO difference...both are Cherries and involved in being a fan of the club ..it's as simple as that !

The club has to pay for any unsold tickets in PL, in Championship they dont.
So while we are entitled to 3000 the club may not take full amount for all games.

Expect the whinges and moans about not enough tickets available, generally when the big 6 come to town. Incessant complaining that there were 'x' amount of empty seats that could/ should have been made available yet no-one knows any person's individual circumstance and last season when we were getting crowds in the 9,000's it wasn't that big of an issue.That season tickets are unfair. That more tickets should be made available to those that live further away. Etc etc. It happened last time we were in the PL and it'll happen again.

Expect the whinges and moans about not enough tickets available, generally when the big 6 come to town. Incessant complaining that there were 'x' amount of empty seats that could/ should have been made available yet no-one knows any person's individual circumstance and last season when we were getting crowds in the 9,000's it wasn't that big of an issue.That season tickets are unfair. That more tickets should be made available to those that live further away. Etc etc. It happened last time we were in the PL and it'll happen again.

Sounds like you have a season ticket and don't turn up unless for the favourable games.

What is fcking embarrassing is fans who want a bigger stadium, but the idiots who selectively park on their season tickets for the glamour games......leaving the stadium 1/5th empty when they can't be asked to turn up....as it's only..........Watford.

If you don't want to turn up, don't.

But it's these fairweather, entitled supporters, who have had a season ticket for donkeys but who don't turn up, constricting the actual figures for a new stadium.

When you don't turn up it makes an 11k stadium look fcking pathetic.....

But, as long as you keep your empty seat, 3000 other people would take, when you can't be assed to turn up.

You are the ones holding the club back, not the board....the pricks who can't be assed to turn up, making our small stadium, even smaller, because you're privileged enough to not have to turn up.

The way the system works encourages misuse. If people are dead keen to go to the big away games it serves them to buy tickets for the 'less attractive' games and not go, just to get the points.

Re home games. Manchester City contact ST holders who don't turn up. I recall there was some kind of veiled threat of removal if games were missed. This info came from a ST holder.

Edited to add. I'm not sure why ST holders who don't attend don't pass their ST on to a friend in those instances. That may be against the T&Cs but surely am occupied seat is better than an empty one?

The way the system works encourages misuse. If people are dead keen to go to the big away games it serves them to buy tickets for the 'less attractive' games and not go, just to get the points.

Re home games. Manchester City contact ST holders who don't turn up. I recall there was some kind of veiled threat of removal if games were missed. This info came from a ST holder.

Edited to add. I'm not sure why ST holders who don't attend don't pass their ST on to a friend in those instances. That may be against the T&Cs but surely am occupied seat is better than an empty one?

I think the terms say you can lend the ST to family members don't they?

Might also be worth stating that corporate tickets will be returned, rather than just stating it’s the fault of season ticket holders.

Occasional supporters who want to sit together have the biggest issue I think. Try getting multiple general sale tickets sat together if you don't have high end points. Puts off people who could become potential regulars.

It's a lot easier to get general availability tickets sat together at St Mary's, I am reliably informed. Plenty of space there!

Sounds like you have a season ticket and don't turn up unless for the favourable games.

What is fcking embarrassing is fans who want a bigger stadium, but the idiots who selectively park on their season tickets for the glamour games......leaving the stadium 1/5th empty when they can't be asked to turn up....as it's only..........Watford.

But it's these fairweather, entitled supporters, who have had a season ticket for donkeys but who don't turn up, constricting the actual figures for a new stadium.

But, as long as you keep your empty seat, 3000 other people would take, when you can't be assed to turn up.

You are the ones holding the club back, not the board....the pricks who can't be assed to turn up, making our small stadium, even smaller, because you're privileged enough to not have to turn up.

Yes, although not many (I assume), a client I used to visit was loaded and did exactly that, starting when doing well in Championship under Howe. I used to chat to him about it, as thought common interest, but could soon tell he wasn;t really into AFCB as such, and would just pick and choose games, leaving 4 seats empty frequently.

I guess you could say, he gave the club money, as no guarentees we'd have made it too premierleague, but still...

Well looking at all the empty seats each home game I think we've lost about 500 in the past 7 years.
The empty seats at home games are no indication of what our real level of support is as most of these empty seats are actually sold ie season ticket holders that don't turn up.

No new season tickets have been issued since 2015, and I wonder how many have been given up during that time ? Bereavement, moving away, personal circumstances, loss of interest, there must be many reasons why people give up the ST.

Must be a few hundred each year, surely? So that would mean a lot more tickets available on a match by match basis, which is a good thing.

Would be interesting to know how many home tickets are available for home games.

Sounds like you like to jump to unfounded conclusions. FWIW I attend every game my ST allows me to and have done for more years than I can remember. Unfortunately I will miss the first game this season but my seat won't be empty. This clamour for tickets happened the last time we got promoted yet during the previous PL years there were empty seats if we weren't playing one of the big 6. Whether they were ST holders or ticket purchasers who chose not to go who knows. The easy conclusion to come to is that ST holders pick and choose their games as they wish and feel entitled to do so. I don't believe this is the case . I do believe that a certain amount of tickets are made available to companies and through prizes etc and those don't get used. We have discussed many times about the size of the stadium, the ability to return tickets and get refunds etc but nothing will change. A possibility perhaps is to sell Away match ST's but I'd get the impression that would just lead to the same moaning about away tickets not then being available and empty seats at away matches. Never had this problem on a Tuesday night in January in L2. Oops, a smidge if entitlement crept out then. Sorry.

;