Howe

rickie

Star Player
What a lacklustre performance that was and possibly from our strongest team for a long time
Where was the fight passion or any will to win.
we as fans deserve better from Management and players
Sorry to say but on this performance we are relegation material and tonight showed just how light weight this team is
Sorry Ed but your time is up

Thanks Rickie. Who would you like to see as his replacement out of interest? You got someone in mind?
To be fair, it’s not up to fans on a message board to come up with potential names for a new manager. If our board is in anyway competent, they will have a database of all potential new managers from across Europe who might be a good fit for us. Some of these managers, the majority of fans wont have heard of, but that is irrelevant as to whether they would be a good replacement or not.

Now I don’t actually think Eddie’s time is up, but if I, or anyone else did feel his time is up, we are entitled to express that without having to name his replacement.

No I don’t have a replacement in mind as I have always been a Howe fan but come on chaps 3 month break and we hardly had a shot on goal What have we been doing and where do we go from here
I really feel aggression passion and commitment are lacking all round
Just have to look at Ed’s expression at the final whistle
Change is needed

To be fair, it’s not up to fans on a message board to come up with potential names for a new manager. If our board is in anyway competent, they will have a database of all potential new managers from across Europe who might be a good fit for us. Some of these managers, the majority of fans wont have heard of, but that is irrelevant as to whether they would be a good replacement or not.

Now I don’t actually think Eddie’s time is up, but if I, or anyone else did feel his time is up, we are entitled to express that without having to name his replacement.
Watching tonight, sadly, I do think his time is up. They’ve stopped playing for him and he’s out of ideas. The team look like a soft touch that need some spine inserting. It’s not my job to name replacements, but anyone who can reinstill a will to win would be welcome.

So Just over 11 years as our manager in his second stint.

In that time he has taken us from near the bottom of League 2 in 2008-09 up into the Premier League in 6 years after winning the Championship in 2014-15 and made a lot of our dreams come true.

Against all the odds he has built a team that has kept us in the Premier League for five seasons.

So I will not be one of our fans who want to see Eddie go, we have so much to thank him for, the football we have seen in that time is the best we have ever seen as Cherries fans and I was lucky enough to see John Bond’s side.

Our backs are up against the wall at the moment but he has my full support even if we can’t do it at the stadium but from our homes.

...I am not sure why we played so poorly against Palace...maybe we shouldn’t be kidding ourselves that we have the PL quality to stay up because it is obvious that we don’t....add to that our inept tactics and style of play which doesn’t seem to engender enough passion and energy then we are going down for sure....now the Howe debate can be had for and against but unless we can find a better replacement who would realistically be able to improve us then for me Howe should stay because I can’t think of anyone who could be our manager and fill his shoes!...I watched Brighton beat an Arsenal team that are better than Palace and they looked determined and eager to win the game which they did from being behind...we struggled to creat any chances tbh...

As a fan of just shy of 60 years I’ve loved this surreal period and I’ll be disappointed to go down but would rather that than stay up without Eddie. When the season does finally end I suspect Eddie might look back at the journey and think ‘I don’t need this every week. If they can’t play better than this for me then f*** the lot of them. I’m off’
Would any of us blame him, seriously ?

I actually think things started going wrong last season after United snatched the win at Dean Court. We had a couple of really good performances after then but not many. Not sure why. We had injuries as we have this season too but I think there's more to it. Maybe we just don't have the finances to build a solid Premier League team. For me it's our passing, which was especially appalling yesterday and then some bad decisions like Brooks giving away Palace's free kick goal. Also, there seems to be little variation. We were never going to break Palace's defence down last night. It's as if we'd learnt nothing from the away fixture. I reckon we should have played more to get free kicks within shooting range and looked for penalties more... longer shots and tried to pick up re-bounds ... adapted our style to break Palace down that way. Also, their game plan was to soak up the pressure and hit us on the break. We could have tried to do that more too though. I'm almost resigned to the Championship now I'm afraid after that.

What a bonus that Covid spared us having to witness the capitulation to Palace in person - but I was not surprised by the defeat, or even the gutless manner of it.
We have been clueless for the majority of this season (and the end of the previous season)- away defeats at West Ham, Brighton and Palace being some of the most inept, directionless and profoundly depressing football I have ever seen.
The magic that Eddie Howe once bought to the club has long since disappeared.
I was calling for his replacement at Christmas (to the usual rage from the blinkered) and I haven’t changed my opinion.
We will be relegated this season and there is a distinct possibility that the financial shock that entails might well put the club into very severe (if not terminal) difficulties.
Too late now to make a difference - but now is the time for AFC Bournemouth and Eddie Howe to part company.
Thanks for the memories Eddie, it’s been a wonderful ride, but you are way out of your depth and it’s time to go mate.

For the first time I think I’m actually blaming Howe for this. The players are good enough to finish comfortably mid table. Our attack is just boring and predictable, not enough movement or bodies getting forward which can only come down to instructions from him.

Still, he’s earned a relegation and a chance to fix it next season.

Ok we might go down. If we do I’d still stick with him . There is not many at the start of the season would be disappointed with our transfers . We have been ripped to pieces by injuries . Today we turned up again a stubborn organised palace side.
I do think though our free flowing football down the wings isn’t the same .
We used to press with Ritchie Pugh and Wilson and with Arter snapping in the middle. Tactically we have changed from that

Eddie picks, coaches and motivates the team and is ultimately responsible. The obvious failing is a lack of ability to react either between games or in game. Palace highlighted both of these flaws; 3 months to reflect on what went wrong and we get the same type of performance as the majority of the season, and secondly not reacting in the game by changing a toothless left side (edit left footed left back and outside overlapping play), centre forward and lack of positive midfield thrust.

Last edited:

;