#HOWEOUT

Don't see why people are getting offended at this thread. I don't think anyone on this thread has called for Eddie to go, in fact quite the contrary. It has been debated whether the club management will stick with him if the bad results continue but that's totally different from the fans calling for Eddie to get the sack. Eddie himself has said that we haven't been good enough this season so it's hardly unreasonable for the fans to discuss the reasons for our underperformance so far.

RobTrent - 13/9/2017 21:47

Always worth reading this thread to remind myself that theres an awful lot of nonsense written sometimes. Particularly like the "shambles of a recruitment department".

Thanks.

Oh come on Rob; you know perfectly well that if our recruitment department wasn't such a shambles we would have won the Champions League four years in a row, and quite possibly the World Cup as well.

red_house - 13/9/2017 17:49

Burnley stuck with Dyche but that was before PL payments went into orbit.

My concern is that they weren't planning on building a new ground and academy. If we have investors on the sidelines then things become far more complicated .

Point of fact - they were building new training facilities.

Remember that Football Focus interview - Ray Stubbs iirc - with Dyche down by some canal/river, where Dyche was wittering on about all the new facilities the club was building and he was intimately involved in the design of.

Stubbs asked Dyche - "but this will all take a year or two to complete. Aren't you worried that you won't be around to see the benefits - some other manager will reap the rewards of your hard work here etc. etc."

Dyche - with firm stare - "Not in the slightest. If we do get relegated we will come back stronger and I will still be here".

Point taken Grumpy and a nice bit of detective work there but we need to put the new ground into the equation, which I daresay is going to be a hell of an expenditure, surely subsidised by outside investment of sorts. We saw the club hesitate on a simple south stand expansion until we consolidated and before talks broke down with SD.

I'm of the firm belief however that if relegation happens likewise we will come back stronger with Eddie in charge but nothing is guaranteed.

cockbeard - 14/9/2017 10:46

Ken Baileys Ghost - 13/9/2017 22:02

They should bring back Tom Mitchell.

This is the first time in a long time we've not had a Mitchell at the club

Maybe it's all been down to Tom these past years then, the secret genius behind the club.

:eyes:

Neil Dawson - 14/9/2017 01:38

The players and management are quick to queue up for Premier League wages. With that comes the right to be judged by Premier League standards. You can't have your cake and eat it.

In the last set of accounts the club had the smallest turnover and the lowest wage bill in the league. We spent the lowest bar Stoke in the last transfer window.

We are still punching above our weight so I'm not sure what these premier league standards are that you refer to. Could it be City with there £270 million window, or Arsenal who spent more on one player than our whole spend ?

The insinuation that Eddie is quick to queue up for his PL wages is just a really sh it remark even by your standards.

Neil, you're not a 'judge'. You just have opinions like the rest of us. I think your latest opinion is not only as red_house said, but disrespectful to the players and management.

Eddie is probably in the office early, leaves late, and is working hard to put things right I would imagine. The implication that he, and others who took us from the basement division, are simply queueing up for their wages is out of order.

Don't confuse "PL standards" with your expectations please.

Neil Dawson - 14/9/2017 01:38

The players and management are quick to queue up for Premier League wages. With that comes the right to be judged by Premier League standards. You can't have your cake and eat it.

I'm willing to put that remark under the thoughtless/brainless banner rather than the moronic/dickhead one tbh......but it's close.

We beg to differ. It's how you interpret my words but happy to clarify!

All of our players and management team have had sizeable pay rises, in some cases two sizeable pay rises since promotion. I didn't say they don't deserve it, of course they do for what they have achieved. Some pay rises have caused unrest, I have a very good source on this, as do a few on here, I'm always interested to see things I have heard backed up when others post from their sources. This has led to further pay rises and I believe a dent in team spirit...as others have also articulated. Believe that or don't....it's largely immaterial to this debate.

Anyway... back to the point...they deserve the cash in my opinion. The Premier League brings more cash but also more microscope and more expectation. My point was you can't have one but not the other. To people arguing they need a break or it's not fair I was merely making my point which was, you take the cash gladly (as we all would) you take the extra flak when you don't earn it by working as hard, maintaining the spirit, or getting your tactics/transfers right.

I really don't see how that is nonsensical.

I have it on good authority by someone VERY close to the players that they read this board and laugh whenever someone says they have insider knowledge that there is unrest in the camp. Indeed, they have a sweepstake on which poster is the next to say they know something.

Druss_the_Legend - 14/9/2017 13:38

I have it on good authority by someone VERY close to the players that they read this board and laugh whenever someone says they have insider knowledge that there is unrest in the camp. Indeed, they have a sweepstake on which poster is the next to say they know something.

So whoever pulled 'Druss' out the hat just got a nice little touch then

yanh_ - 13/9/2017 11:12

I also agree that sacking Eddie would be the worst thing the club could do. However if we lose the next couple of games I think it's highly likely that in today's climate he will be gone. Zero points after six games will have the owners getting really twitchy irrespecitve of Eddies previous success.
Unfortunately the tough fixture list means the table maybe pretty ugly after playing Everton Leicester Chelsea and spurs by the end of October. Nov and Dec fixtures will be kinder.

;