Huddersfield Mid fielders?

mark pike

Star Player
Lifelong Huddersfield supporter reckons we chased the wrong one.Mooy much better all round player ,not got the height or pace of Billings,but very consistent throughout the season ,creates,seldom loses the ball,constantly on the move looking for openings( current match good example) whereas Billings drifts in and out of games.Interesting view from a regular Huddersfield supporter.

It’s kind of like comparing David Brooks to Jefferson Lerma. Totally different style of players. And let’s not kid ourselves, when Mooy hits a run of bad form and Billing gets back to his early season form, Brighton fans will be saying they got the wrong one too.

Completely different players. I can’t see Mooy winning every single near post header when defending corners like Billing.

Also could be wrong but Huddersfield haven’t actually sold Mooy have they?

Good friend of mine is also a terrier, he said Billing was a good player but prone to drift out of games, which we've seen recently

Mooy is out of the mold we need - energetic, holds the ball, plays a canny pass. Whether or not we got the right Hudds midfielder, he’s a player who could fill a big, big hole in our squad - definite prospect.

Mooy is out of the mold we need - energetic, holds the ball, plays a canny pass. Whether or not we got the right Hudds midfielder, he’s a player who could fill a big, big hole in our squad - definite prospect.
he may be a decent player but hardly a prospect at 29 years old !!

Ffs guys, not 2 weeks ago Billing was “signing of the season”, “PotS so far”, “exactly what we needed”, and now all of a sudden we’ve “signed the wrong Huddersfield Mid Fielder”??

Some of you need to get a fucking grip;):slap:

With all his raw, natural attributes and his age, he was never going to be the perfect player. Otherwise he’d be at a club like City or Barca. Mooy is nearly 30, and isn’t as good as L. Cook (IMO), who is a player more comparable to Mooy. Why would we sign the older, worse version of a player that we
A.) already have
B.) Is being kept out of the team by the player we DID sign

Billing has had a few poor performances on the bounce; like the entire squad has. We have other options at CM this season, it’s not the end of the world.

Last edited:
he may be a decent player but hardly a prospect at 29 years old !!

Well, we’ve got one of the youngest teams in the PL, plus a 34-year-old defender who’s club captain. There’s certainly room for Mooy or another like him. How about a cheeky bid for Shaqiri to play as an advanced midfielder? Or does the fact that he now plays for Liverpool rule him out??

Lifelong Huddersfield supporter reckons we chased the wrong one.Mooy much better all round player ,not got the height or pace of Billings,but very consistent throughout the season ,creates,seldom loses the ball,constantly on the move looking for openings( current match good example) whereas Billings drifts in and out of games.Interesting view from a regular Huddersfield supporter.
Billing and pace???? Said when we signed him we bought the wrong one

...disagree, for me Billing is the better player, and whether or not his application can be questioned is open to interpretation. However I am still averse to all this singling out individuals and looking to blame them for our current drop in form....from what I have seen recently the team as a collective is short on belief and confidence...this will return when we pick up and return to winning ways!

In adversity we will survive, and be a better squad for the experience!

Well, we’ve got one of the youngest teams in the PL, plus a 34-year-old defender who’s club captain. There’s certainly room for Mooy or another like him. How about a cheeky bid for Shaqiri to play as an advanced midfielder? Or does the fact that he now plays for Liverpool rule him out??
Do you think that’s why Klopp brought him on for a bit on Saturday ?
I don’t think he’d be the worst player Liverpool have dumped on us.
Always gave us a bit of a run round with Stoke.

I don't understand why we don't find more players from Spain, they seem to be able to play quick entertaining football, good on the ball and a bit more aware of whats going on around them.
The two we have signed already seem to be settling in ok.

;