Hudson Odoi

This doesn’t sit well with me to be honest. It’s not like the lad cheated to get Billing sent off. It was well worthy of a red card, nasty rake of studs on the Achilles absolute brain fart moment from Billing. I’m sure it wasn’t intentional, but it’s nasty and compounded by the fact he’d ruptured his achillies before… thankfully he is ok.

Sorry but to hear Nuno going on about the lads injury you would have thought he’d be on the treatment table longer!
Also I don’t think it was a maliciously pre empted tackle as Billing meant to just trip him in all honesty but as with someone who can’t really tackle he mistimed it..a red yes but not as some are saying and vilifying Billing.

I think your Spurs bias is coming out once again.

Hudson-Odoi said in his post match interviews that he’d be fine in “days”. Thankfully he was right, it could have been a lot worse and that’s no one’s fault but Billing’s.

Hudson-Odoi said in his post match interviews that he’d be fine in “days”. Thankfully he was right, it could have been a lot worse and that’s no one’s fault but Billing’s.
WTF?…absolutely no bias do you seriously think then Billing is a ‘nasty’ type player who would deliberately go out to damage a player?
Sorry but we may all have different views regardless…just think it’s not fair to apply this sort of pressure on Philip Billing who now WILL be targeted by referees like Lerma used to be!

WTF?…absolutely no bias do you seriously think then Billing is a ‘nasty’ type player who would deliberately go out to damage a player?
Sorry but we may all have different views regardless…just think it’s not fair to apply this sort of pressure on Philip Billing who now WILL be targeted by referees like Lerma used to be!

He won’t and he isn’t. Doesn’t mean his challenge wasn’t horrible though and he’s the only guilty party here.

I’m not about to wish a player injured because one of our players rightfully got sent off.

If he put more effort to catch him up he could have tripped him or pulled his shirt.

I got what Nuno was saying - you don't have to make those dangerous challenges to stop the player.

Ignoring the fact that it was against us.. those kinds of challenges really annoy most supporters and if you do it in a way that's in any way dangerous then red card is the right result. There should be no benefit of the doubt.

Billing tried to take one for the team & stop Forest from breaking by clipping Hudson Odoi from behind.
It went wrong for him & us as a team and also looked much worse slowed down.

Yet some on this thread seem to think PB is the new Terry Hurlock or Vinny Jones, which he quite clearly isn't.

The fact that Nuno & his team have since come out with comments slamming Billing is totally up to them. But also quite laughable & ironic, as we all know they are no angels & will try on the dark arts of the game at every opportunity.

Billing tried to take one for the team & stop Forest from breaking by clipping Hudson Odoi from behind.
It went wrong for him & us as a team and also looked much worse slowed down.

Yet some on this thread seem to think PB is the new Terry Hurlock or Vinny Jones, which he quite clearly isn't.

The fact that Nuno & his team have since come out with comments slamming Billing is totally up to them. But also quite laughable & ironic, as we all know they are no angels & will try on the dark arts of the game at every opportunity.

I think this is fair. Clear red but I don't think it was particularly intentional he just got it wrong.

Who seems to think that exactly? I said it probably wasn’t intentional? Doesn’t mean it wasn’t nasty and a deserved red card.

I’m just not signing up to wishing injuries upon opposition players.

It was a ‘lazy’ challenge and mistimed.

Mistimed in more ways than one. We weren't playing particularly well, Phil's chance to change the game, as we know he can, and force himself back into the manager's thoughts. Well, he probably did both of those things but not in a good way. He's not going to get a chance to change the next three games now and then will have to start forcing his way back in, which will be even harder than it was.

It was a ‘lazy’ challenge and mistimed.
I thought at the time it only deserved a yellow, but after seeing the replay the ref called it correctly as it was (unintentionally) dangerous.
The sanctimonious comments from Nuno etc can safely be disregarded because what has not been commented on much is that they had clearly identified Ryan Christie as our most influential player and had set out to deliberately nobble him, which they successfully achieved, and we completely lost our impetus after they had done so.

Just been looking back at Philip Billing’s stats.

That was his first red card since he played for Huddersfield Town in 2015-16, when he received his first red card.

Last edited:

Totally agree that the important thing is he's okay. I think posters on this thread are mainly joking, lightheartedly... I think so, anyway. Callum may have exaggerated things at bit to get Billing sent off, but most of our players would have done the same, I'm sure. I think the joking is meant in that context without any resentment towards the lad. Well, guess I can't speak for everyone, but I hold nothing against him and am glad he's okay, and yes, Billing absolutely deserved the red card.

I don't think Billing is a nasty player and I hope referees realise that too. He made a massive error of judgement within a couple of seconds and lots of players have lost their head and done something dangerous. I'm not minimising the error of judgement as it could have been very serious, but am just saying I think Billing was probably frustrated by lots of things and didn't think when he should have.

;