Humble Pie Thread

Druss_the_Legend

UTC Legend
No not me obviously.. :wagging:

Where are the posts about our bad recruitment since Eddie left? Where are the posters saying the Argentinean Karl Broadhurst is not fast enough to be a Premier League defender? Why are we buying so many wingers? GON shouldnt have been replaced?

Where are the posters telling me Lewis Cook should be let go as he's Championship quality at best?

Where are the Dom "Not fit to wear the shirt" Solanke posters?

Here is your thread, your chance to come into the confessional...its just you and me, dont worry about it. Confess your sins and forgiveness shall be yours.

Im not expecting to see ND admit we might have brought in some good players but I'm sure there are others.

Last edited:

Where are the posts about our bad recruitment since Eddie left? Where are the posters saying the Argentinean Karl Broadhurst is not fast enough to be a Premier League defender? Why are we buying so many winger? GON shouldnt have been replaced?

Where are the posters telling me Lewis Cook should be let go as he's Championship quality at best?

Here is your thread, your chance to come into the confessional...its just you and me, dont worry about it. Confess your sins and forgiveness shall be yours.

Im not expecting to see ND admit we might have brought in some good players but I'm sure there are others.
The silence might well be deafening.

Being a football fan is all about knee-jerk, emotional overreactions to be fair. What irks me is the people who pick a single player for a continuous vendetta and refuse to accept when wrong.

I'll get the ball rolling, I was wrong because:
- I thought Cook was done as a PL midfielder
- I thought Smith was a squad player at best this season
- I thought Christie wasn't good enough to be a regular in our side
- I thought Neto didn't know how to catch crosses properly

I will always give a player at least a full season to prove themselves. Hence I'm not writing off Traore just yet. Other than that, hard to argue that our summer business was anything other than a resounding success. I still have no idea which way Dango will go but I quite enjoy his wildcard factor.

You won't get any admission out being wrong out of R+R because he is a bot and incapable of human emotions.

Last edited:
Being a football fan is all about knee-jerk, emotional overreactions to be fair. What irks me is the people who pick a single player for a continuous vendetta and refuse to accept when wrong.

I'll get the ball rolling:

I will always give a player at least a full season to prove themselves. Hence I'm not writing off Traore just yet. Other than that, hard to argue that our summer business was anything other than a resounding success. I still have no idea which way Dango will go but I quite enjoy his wildcard factor.

You won't get any admission out being wrong out of R+R because he is a bot and incapable of human emotions.
Fair play :clap:

Where are the posts about our bad recruitment since Eddie left? Where are the posters saying the Argentinean Karl Broadhurst is not fast enough to be a Premier League defender? Why are we buying so many wingers? GON shouldnt have been replaced?

You don't hear people calling Zabarnyi Herman Munster and a waste of money much these days.

I'll get the ball rolling:

Agree with all of the above.

I have to admit that being positive about our players has been hard for a while but now I'm even prepared to give Phil a break after he came on yesterday and not only did we not concede, but he scored with a "header". :grinning:

Agree with all of the above.

I have to admit that being positive about our players has been hard for a while but now I'm even prepared to give Phil a break after he came on yesterday and not only did we not concede, but he scored with a "header". :grinning:
Know what you mean. Solanke will only get my full support and respect when he starts banging in some penalties.

Quick interruption: I seem to unintentionally have put KBG on ignore. How do I undo it please?

Don't bother, you've not missed much.

I'm surprised you haven't done it sooner.

Would it help if I put you on ignore?

What you need to do is click on my profile and click on the unignore button and that sorts it.

Except you can't read this to do what I've just told you to do................................

;