Hyndman for Rangers

canadiancherry

Star Player
Anyone else watching the Rangers FC match right now?
Hyndman has his first start today and is looking fantastic.
While admittedly he's playing against Motherwell and has a lot of space (the game has been 10 v 10 from about the 25-min mark), he reminds me of a slightly taller Jack Wilshere. Head up all the time, often running backwards so he can follow the play, and playing some beautiful heat-seeking balls in. To me he seems their best player right now.
He just set up Rangers' first goal with a great through ball, and could have had at least one assist earlier had Miller's first touch been better.
Here's hoping he can keep this up and gain some good experience and confidence.

The TV commentators are gushing about his "hugely impressive performance" etc. To be honest, I would say he's MOTM. I don't think he had one stray pass, and always looked assured and calm with the ball.
His goal (to make it 2-0) was also very well-taken and he made it look like he was hardly trying.

Other than a couple of passing errors, I thought he had a decent game at Millwall. Hope he gets a chance when he returns

canadiancherry - 28/1/2017 14:04

Anyone else watching the Rangers FC match right now?
Hyndman has his first start today and is looking fantastic.
While admittedly he's playing against Motherwell and has a lot of space (the game has been 10 v 10 from about the 25-min mark), he reminds me of a slightly taller Jack Wilshere. Head up all the time, often running backwards so he can follow the play, and playing some beautiful heat-seeking balls in. To me he seems their best player right now.
He just set up Rangers' first goal with a great through ball, and could have had at least one assist earlier had Miller's first touch been better.
Here's hoping he can keep this up and gain some good experience and confidence.

Yes saw the 1st half, thought he was excellent. Compared him to Jack Wilshere also!

It's great he's doing well so far there but I still wish he was playing for a Championship side. Not too hard to look class against a team that would lose to TFC.

A Fulham fan I work with speak very, very highly of him. He expected him to be starting regularly for us this season, hopefully he'll be good enough to get a regular spot when he returns.

Sounds like a natural successor to Surman imo, maybe a bit more advanced up the pitch but from that Rangers forum, very comfortable on the ball, great passing %, but not too shy to do the dirty work.

All he can do is play at the top of HIS game no matter who the opposition are. If he performs at that level consistently that's all we can expect.

Its says plenty about the place he's suddenly the best thing since fried mars bars.

Would I have sent promising talent to Mark Warburton and that league - no chance.

red_house - 28/1/2017 19:05

Its says plenty about the place he's suddenly the best thing since fried mars bars.

Would I have sent promising talent to Mark Warburton and that league - no chance.

Actually, it'll do him plenty of good. The league may not be brilliant but he will be playing in a team expected to win every game. Opponents will be physical in trying to stop them every week. And playing in a couple of Old Firm matches will be great experience for him. As long as they lose them ;-)

likening him to barry ferguson

Hopefully his attitude is better than Barry Squarebaw, and he cuts it in the EPL with AFCB.

Will Hyndman displace Barton as favourite for POTY ?

;