Hyndman - has he got enough ?

redskins

First Team
So how did he look ?

He got pretty much half the game and depending on how bad Goslings injury is he is going to get his chance in the next couple of games you would have thought .

I thought he was pretty anonymous when he came on yesterday and co-incided with us losing our hold on the game, possibly too lightweight to work as 1 of 2 in midfield so I think if he starts against spurs we have to drop King and play Brooks centrally in a 4-5-1

Edit to add, I’m not writing him off based on a sub appearance I just think it shows how much work Gosling gets through

Last edited:
Looked a bit lost when he came on as the midfield lost it's way with Gosling going off. but he grew into the game as it went on. can't tell from that on its own. last time i saw him was when he played the whole 90 mins at Burnley on the last game of last season. Again he did O.K.

Incredibly difficult to judge on yesterday’s game but overall he looks a decent player but like a few others top class championship quality only

I thought he was pretty anonymous when he came on yesterday and co-incided with us losing our hold on the game, possibly too lightweight to work as 1 of 2 in midfield so I think if he starts against spurs we have to drop King and play Brooks centrally in a 4-5-1

Edit to add, I’m not writing him off based on a sub appearance I just think it shows how much work Gosling gets through

This. Tidy enough but moves around looking to recieve the ball rather than holding a central role and clearly is no tackler so has to be part of a three if he is going to play. Could possibly play behind the forwards and allow Brooks to stay wide.

For someone who has had very little match time this season I thought he did well and once he got into the game he didn’t look out of place .

There is a certain Surmanesque quality about him but I don’t think he’s as good. He can play nice passes and has a reasonable first touch. I guess there could be a role for him just infront of the back 4 in games we want to control possession. Defensively he’s basically a training cone and as a result, not someone we could rely on in the majority of PL matches.

The modern Shaun Maher.... Nowhere until last couple games of season then new contract... Not goid enough... Sorry... Looked lost at millwall and burnley last season

Some nice touches and occasional good positioning/reading the game but did anyone notice that when we going forward it was as though he was trying to hide from the ball. Possibly lacking in confidence?

Did just fine considering lack of experience at the level - that's the issue atm. Gozzer limited, but experienced & has been on the end of a couple of our best team goals this season. Unless you are a Brooksy, very hard to break into the side, witness the number of peripheral players last 4 years that have stayed peripheral or been shipped out. Still guess bloody good living still being earned.

I didn’t think he looked good at all tbh. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in the remaining games, but I didn’t think he was good enough after Burnley last year and he’s come back off of a worse loan spell this season.

I didn’t think he looked good at all tbh. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in the remaining games, but I didn’t think he was good enough after Burnley last year and he’s come back off of a worse loan spell this season.
I don't think he is going to be up to the physicality of the premier league. In Scotland you can get by on ability alone and to a certain extent you can in the Championship. The premier league is another step altogether. Brooks has been amazing. To be able to make a massive step up like he has is incredible and shows a real mental strength. I do think that he is running on empty now though unsurprisingly.

Reactions: drd
Hyndman seems to want to play like Jorginho. That’s a problem when you aren’t as good as Andrew Surman.

I actually think there’s a role in our side for a deep lying midfield orchestrator with more powerful and creative midfielders ahead of him. Sadly I just don’t think that will be Emerson

Hyndman seems to want to play like Jorginho. That’s a problem when you aren’t as good as Andrew Surman.

I actually think there’s a role in our side for a deep lying midfield orchestrator with more powerful and creative midfielders ahead of him. Sadly I just don’t think that will be Emerson
Have we really seen enough of Emerson to say that he isn’t as good as Surman? At Rangers he played more advanced and excelled, also impressed in the championship at a very young age with his creative flair.

;