Hysterical Nonsense

afcb_rednblack

UTC Legend
It’s disappointing to read some of the nonsense on here, some of it hysterical, following the game yesterday. Yes, the game yesterday was very poor, but exacerbated by the stupid decisions made by some of the players on the pitch.

However, I can’t believe that 3 months into a new job, in a new country, without his right hand man and fellow countryman and a relatively inexperienced back room, coupled with a new team (including a number of recent inbound players) that some are already calling for Iraola’s head.

We’ve played 7 games, against some of the toughest opposition, we’ve another 31 to play and already some are writing us off. And as for the comparisons with GON because Wolves had a fortuitous win against City (1 shot on target and 2 goals tells the story), well they’re quite ridiculous (albeit I wish GON well) as are the expectations that, because of Iraola’s track record, he can somehow turn individuals into world class players almost overnight. Anyone who has managed anybody in any walk of life will know that people development takes time.

For me, I’ll start to take stock around Christmas/New Year, certainly not before. Meanwhile the sense of entitlement that appears to increasingly prevail now we’re in the PL is sad to see. We used to be a very decent and tolerant bunch towards both managers and players. Disappointingly that seems to be changing. Calling for change at this juncture is hardly going to help a man who should have our full and unwavering support at this time.

It’s disappointing to read some of the nonsense on here, some of it hysterical, following the game yesterday. Yes, the game yesterday was very poor, but exacerbated by the stupid decisions made by some of the players on the pitch.

However, I can’t believe that 3 months into a new job, in a new country, without his right hand man and fellow countryman, and with a new team (including a number of recent inbound players) that some are already calling for Iraola’s head.

We’ve played 7 games, against some of the toughest opposition, we’ve another 31 to play and already some are writing us off. And as for the comparisons with GON because Wolves had a fortuitous win against City (1 shot on target and 2 goals tells the story), well they’re quite ridiculous (albeit I wish GON well) as are the expectations that, because of Iraola’s track record, he can somehow turn individuals into world class players almost overnight. Anyone who has managed anybody in any walk of life will know that people development takes time.

For me, I’ll start to take stock around Christmas/New Year, certainly not before. Meanwhile the sense of entitlement that appears to increasingly prevail now we’re in the PL is sad to see. We used to be a very decent and tolerant bunch towards both managers and players. Disappointingly that seems to be changing, while calling for change at this juncture is hardly going to help a man who should have our full and unwavering support at this time.
:clap: Well said.

Shame it needs its own post, but warranted given some of the 'betwetting' and over the top reactions from some.

Almost embarrassing tbh.

However, I can’t believe that 3 months into a new job, in a new country, without his right hand man and fellow countryman and a relatively inexperienced back room, coupled with a new team (including a number of recent inbound players) that some are already calling for Iraola’s head.

For me, I’ll start to take stock around Christmas/New Year, certainly not before. Meanwhile the sense of entitlement that appears to increasingly prevail now we’re in the PL is sad to see. We used to be a very decent and tolerant bunch towards both managers and players. Disappointingly that seems to be changing, while calling for change at this juncture is hardly going to help a man who should have our full and unwavering support at this time.
100% well said sir.

I think 'bedwetting' is a bit of an inappropriate, possibly insulting term for what is just Cherries fans clutching at bits of reasons blowing about in the wind..we all care what happens to our club...although some compassion should be afforded to Andoni Iraola in his early months here at DC...but also in the longer term addressing the fact of how much Money he is paid....if things get too hairy ..and certainly NOT ignoring how much Money the Executives sat in their offices are stashing to their private accounts ( wish poor old Al Gard , my old navy colleague was still here).. anyway enough of that... for now.

No ...I think Andoni might pull it around somehow and I hope he is here after Xmas.

I think it is a bit over the top.
But, my major concern right from the time the season kicked off was the lack of on field leadership and character, as well as the inexperience at the back. Nothing that has happened has changed my view. Oh, and how we have missed Lerma, can't believe that some never rated him.
Anyway, I will travel to Everton in hope !!!

I think 'bedwetting' is a bit of an inappropriate, possibly insulting term for what is just Cherries fans clutching at bits of reasons blowing about in the wind..we all care what happens to our club...although some compassion should be afforded to Andoni Iraola in his early months here at DC...but also in the longer term addressing the fact of how much Money he is paid....if things get too hairy ..and certainly NOT ignoring how much Money the Executives sat in their offices are stashing to their private accounts ( wish poor old Al Gard , my old navy colleague was still here).. anyway enough of that... for now.

No ...I think Andoni might pull it around somehow and I hope he is here after Xmas.

No, it's quite fitting imo. It encapsulates the over the top and dramatic posts that have been prevalent on here.

Be interested to see what happens next week, the two bald men fighting over a comb match....................bad result / performance and I think it is quite reasonable to be asking questions about the direction of the club.

Historical Nonsense even ?

Meaning : If Boscombe, under O'Neil, had worked up a 'fortuitous' Win versus Manchester City.. ...that would've been OK ?...or Not ?
You know...like Gary did against Liverpool when he shot a pea into Salahs ear with a pea - shooter as he took that penalty !
Or when he shouted "Boo" in Ouattaras ear at HT v Spurs to wake him up !

F√ck Sake....this precious burlesque Forum !

Last edited:
No, it's quite fitting imo. It encapsulates the over the top and dramatic posts that have been prevalent on here.
Mmm yeah well ..you might well have nailed that down correctly, that your uncompromising style is wont to do when we are considering all the angles..and that being the case.....the 'bedwetting' is sure to manifest much deeper into the mattresses as this season progresses if we don't win soon.
Hey...'Bedwetting' in Leeds has reached the point whereby half of North Yorkshire is immersed in a Sea of Tetley Beer flavoured Urine.

For me, I’ll start to take stock around Christmas/New Year, certainly not before. Meanwhile the sense of entitlement that appears to increasingly prevail now we’re in the PL is sad to see. We used to be a very decent and tolerant bunch towards both managers and players. Disappointingly that seems to be changing. Calling for change at this juncture is hardly going to help a man who should have our full and unwavering support at this time.
Absolutely good post

At the moment both our manager and players are going through a learning curve.

Our manager finding out more about our players each time we play a game.

The players still coming to terms in implementing how our manager wants to play and doing it consistently.

The problem when you come up against sides like Arsenal they may not let you carry it out, and theory and putting it into practice don’t always workout.

Remember every time we lose and / or have a poor performance, we get the usual suspects reminding us how they predicted this, how poor the recruitment team are.
Then add, oh but would love them to prove me wrong, yeah right
That old chestnut. You think I spend thousands of pounds and drive thousands of miles hoping we lose so I get proved right on a message board where I know about three people personally….

I moan about our recruitment because I support our club and worry about the future not because I want it to lose.

The one thing we know on here is we are all fervent supporters. Don’t turn other peoples views relative to yours into a holier than thou bigger fan vibe. People show affiliation in different ways.

excellently put

I’m in the minority who didn’t want to see the back of GON, he“d done enough to carry on imo. However I understand why the club wanted a bigger name to show its intent and to be a bigger draw to signing new players. However it’s ridiculous now to call for another change of manager already. Being realistic when the fixture list came out regardless of who the manager was, most of us would probably have predicted about 3 points at this point in time, so don’t get why there’s so much surprise or unrealistic expectation. Hoping that Andoni is given the time to go on and prove the club made the right decision.

That old chestnut. You think I spend thousands of pounds and drive thousands of miles hoping we lose so I get proved right on a message board where I know about three people personally….

I moan about our recruitment because I support our club and worry about the future not because I want it to lose.

The one thing we know on here is we are all fervent supporters. Don’t turn other peoples views relative to yours into a holier than thou bigger fan vibe. People show affiliation in different ways.

Genuine question, what worries you about our future? Out of your entire statement there that seems a little strange.

We stayed up against the odds last season, we’ve strengthened massively in the last 12 months, some of which have proved to be a little suspect granted but we have investment coming in left right and centre, a new ground on the horizon and training ground to be finished soon.

Has there ever been a better time to NOT worry about our future?!!!

It's more hypercritical nonsense than hysterical nonsense.
...very much so recently with regard to O'Neil.

And ...and those that continually harass other posters over their content ( you basically cannot put over any interesting alternative viewpoints without being told off like a Choirboy who has winked at a Nun ).. .those types never seem to have much to say about anything more controversial than a flooded car park or bird - sh*t on the floodlights....no they just lie in wait for anything that upsets their pathetic 'Afcb' PL suck-up crap to the Excecutives and Elites.

ND could put a full stop on in isolation, and get it verily dissected !

Last edited:

;