I just don't get it...

afcb_rednblack

UTC Legend
We started to find a way/formation that began to work over the last two or three games and today we revert to type and we get the inevitable result. I just don't get it.

Rambo was immense, Harry Wilson is a waste of a position on the field and I can't help think that if Solanke (Eddie, post his two goals "this will give him the confidence he needs to push on" only to be on the bench for 70 minutes) and Surridge had been given more of an opportunity today it might just have been a different outcome.

We started to find a way/formation that began to work of the last two or three games and today we revert to type and we get the inevitable result. I just don't get it.

Rambo was immense, Harry Wilson is a waste of a position on the field and I can't help think that if Solanke (Eddie, post his two goals "this will give him the confidence he needs to push on" only to be on the bench for 70 minutes) and Surridge had been given more of an opportunity today it might just have been a different outcome.
Rambo, Solanke, Surridge ...... Sounds like the formula for next season in the Championship unless we can pull a rabbit out of the hat. Wilson gone.

We set up to play more direct as we did against Man City and what many pundits and fans have said is what we should be doing......if we want to approach a game that way then what other formation can you play?......there's no point in playing three on midfield if you're constantly bypassing them.

We started to find a way/formation that began to work over the last two or three games and today we revert to type and we get the inevitable result. I just don't get it.

Spot on - love Eddie Howe but I can’t defend him today, this was too depressing

The midfield 2 just get overrun off the ball and cant get forward to support the strikers.
Might work with strong quick wide midfielders and attacking full backs, lightweight wide players who don't track back give too much space to the opposition

Surridge always more likely to score than Solanke. Unfortunately, Solanke has a £19 mill tag round his neck, and that price tag puts him ahead of Surridge in Eddie's pecking order. After all Eddie doesn't want his £19 m misfit to be outshone by someone who cost us nowt and hasn't got the pedigree of playing for England U 21s, Cbelsea and Liverpool.

Solankes only goals this season have come across to very ordinary defences of Luton and Leicester.

Callum has absolutely lost it. He is really missing his partnership with Fraser that he has spent the season in a sulk.

Surridge always more likely to score than Solanke. Unfortunately, Solanke has a £19 mill tag round his neck, and that price tag puts him ahead of Surridge in Eddie's pecking order. After all Eddie doesn't want his £19 m misfit to be outshone by someone who cost us nowt and hasn't got the pedigree of playing for England U 21s, Cbelsea and Liverpool.

Solankes only goals this season have come across to very ordinary defences of Luton and Leicester.

Callum has absolutely lost it. He is really missing his partnership with Fraser that he has spent the season in a sulk.

another post that fails how poor King has been but slates the usual victims

For me , Stanislas should have started on the right as he has been excellent . Brooks was shoe horned into the team again .
I can’t see with king and Wilson up front, the balls down the channels did get their defenders turning

Its like Crouch said on the radio commentary...you would think Bournemouth would have gone for it knowing the situation....they only really had a crack near the end. Crouch always talks sense and tells it as it is.
We still have players that are at half the boiler pressure needed to win games.

Why on earth doesn't Ed have Brooks around the middle bobbing and weaving in the spaces near the main strikers...as he did v Chelsea 4-0 and scored a well crafted goal. He can easily set up passes for the others with his guile.

Last edited:
Not sure about that one - Surridgator just doesn't have the same ring...

Wouldn't be surprised to see Lerma stay though - personally think there are quite a few of our players who will be more in demand/likely to go

Lerma was clapping his hands all the time trying to get the team to work harder.
We need his type.

;