I Love Coventry's Away Kit

I assume you're referring to their green and black third strip rather than their white one?

We're LONG overdue a green and black. Bloody clueless kit-making idiots.

Is Jody Jones back from injury and playing?

I assume you're referring to their green and black third strip rather than their white one?

We're LONG overdue a green and black. Bloody clueless kit-making idiots.

Is Jody Jones back from injury and playing?

Do you mean Harry Cornick? If so, then he,s not playing

I find it strange that folks on here get so worked up about green and black stripes and demand that it’s our away kit every year.
There appears to be a collective false memory that we always had green and black away kits back in the day.
Now, my memory is dreadful, but I can remember a Seward sponsored green/black away kit and possibly one back in the seventies - but I’m sure we have used blue and black far more times.
I apologise if I’m wrong and have blanked years of wearing green and black out of my memory, but I don’t think so.

I find it strange that folks on here get so worked up about green and black stripes and demand that it’s our away kit every year.
There appears to be a collective false memory that we always had green and black away kits back in the day.
Now, my memory is dreadful, but I can remember a Seward sponsored green/black away kit and possibly one back in the seventies - but I’m sure we have used blue and black far more times.
I apologise if I’m wrong and have blanked years of wearing green and black out of my memory, but I don’t think so.

You are probably right on how many times....I don't think anyone has suggested it should be our away kit every season though. Would be fantastic to have another one at some point though, it does have some history for us after all.

I can recall a couple of seasons with green and black, one in the Ted Mac era and the Seward one in the 90's I think. Blue and Black can only remember one. I am not fussed re either tbh.

Whenever this subject comes up, I recall this fantasy design that you crafted last year. Love it.

1551103873403.png

Completely agree, there's a very famous header against Aston Villa and the kit you mentioned. In fact Machin thought that green and black kit was unlucky and brought in a white kit part way through the season. Not sure either of those things are valid reasons for the seasonal clamour

I think the blue and black is nicer than a green and black stripe. I was told by someone at the club that the red and black stripe with white shorts mirrored AC Milan and that the blue and black mirrored Inter. Probably nonsense mind you.

I think the blue and black is nicer than a green and black stripe. I was told by someone at the club that the red and black stripe with white shorts mirrored AC Milan and that the blue and black mirrored Inter. Probably nonsense mind you.

Not sure it was intentional but for folk my age that gorgeous pair of A1 shirts were our first real sight of stripes again. There'd been a lot of red in the seasons before, and the season before that very one we had that big white yoke across the shoulders. To my 10 year old eyes that pair of black striped shirts were gorgeous, especially compared to the previous season which looked pretty terrible

For me green and black isn't that important, but I know a lot of people want it. It's often been white or blue for the away kit to my memory. Given the choice though I'd like blue and yellow to become regular, they're the colours of the town, the coat of arms, the sand and the sea, but regular away colours aren't really a thing anymore, so no real mind. I guess it'll all be on rotation

This day and age the change/away kit needs to be completely different to the home kit, for TV viewing reasons. With the exception of green instead of red stripes the 2 kits would be identical so would rarely, if ever, be worn.

Think green and black stripes look great besides the obvious nostalgia.

I dont think people are obsessed and aren’t demanding it to be the away kit every season but, seeing as we have 3 kits a year and seem to have every colour from coral pink to beach bottle green glass (or whatever it is), I don’t think it’s over the top to request it.

Could argue the nostalgia for red and black stripes was wrong on that basis seeing as we had it for just 4 seasons out of virtually our first 100 years before becoming the norm as most of it time has been red.

;