Ibrahimovic and Pogba

Braithwell

Star Player
Have been calculated to be worth an extra 10 points this season, well, according to Salford Uni, will they destroy our season on Sunday, or can we stop them?

not sure our defence will cope well with the height & strength of zlatan

wellsworld - 11/8/2016 08:37

Did Carroll score against us last season?

As Pogba has only just come back from his hols and has done no serious training, I doubt he will be in the starting line-up and might not even make the bench.

Worry about ourselves first and foremost because that's all we can control. Whoever United put out on Sunday will be a very decent side and will cause us problems, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything as last season showed. If Zlatan plays then we have to play a higher line, if Rashford plays we have to play a deeper line, but either way we can prepare and give it our best shot.

Watched him against Italy at the Euros - lazy arrogant poseur strutting around the pitch. A couple of glimpses of talent, then missed the worst sitter I have ever seen.
Don't believe the hype.

I think Mkhitaryan(????) will be one of the signings of the season, but everyone seems to have forgotten about him. Bundesliga Player of the season last year.

Personally I don't get all the hype about Pogba. I think he's pretty good, but nowhere near what he's made out to be.

tednphil - 11/8/2016 08:50

Did Carroll score against us last season?

As Pogba has only just come back from his hols and has done no serious training, I doubt he will be in the starting line-up and might not even make the bench.

T&P,

No he didn't but then I'm pretty sure he didn't play in the first game and went off injured after 20 minutes at our place.

Depends on whether the referee lets Ibrahimovic push our defenders in the back to get the at ball. He is a skilful player who doesn't need to cheat, but just can't seem to resist.

I doubt Pogba will play, maybe 20 minutes at the end if the game is either a draw or not close.

I am going to try and find a bookies offering Zlatan to score a header though...

Gonna be a very tough start to the season IMO... Think Manure will comfortably win on Sunday and we could even up at WHU and Palarse...

The key, as always, is gonna be to hold for the first 20 minutes and get ourselves well and truly into the game...

Ibrahimovic is a lot better than Carroll IMO, so can't really compare... Frank and Cook need to be well on top of their game on Sunday... Let's not get carried away by beating what was poor Man Utd last season. and in the return, we didn't even compete...

If we could get a draw on Sunday it would be an amazing result, because lets face it Man United are strong this year. Imagine the press if we did manage to win though.

afcb.czech - 11/8/2016 11:01

Personally I don't get all the hype about Pogba. I think he's pretty good, but nowhere near what he's made out to be.

Exactly.
I doubt it will happen but £4000 harry Arter v £89,000,000 Pogba in midfield would have been priceless.

;