If Jeff was the one who punched Anderson in the face...?

GON going to be speaking with the PGMOL about it tomorrow apparently. But what can they possibly do? It was an assault, no doubt about it, imo the police should look at it

fwiw I believe it was a sly, snide punch in the face which deserved a red card, but moreso it yet again continues to highlight how poor and inconsistent the standard of refereeing is this league. The fact that VAR ' studied' the incident for a considerable amount of time and still came to the conclusion that there was nothing to reprimand was head shakingly poor. I ha e no doubt that if Jeff had done that to say , debrunye it would've resulted in a red and a lengthy ban. The question is what can be done to improve the poor subjective decisions of these idiots officiating our game?

fwiw I believe it was a sly, snide punch in the face which deserved a red card, but moreso it yet again continues to highlight how poor and inconsistent the standard of refereeing is this league. The fact that VAR ' studied' the incident for a considerable amount of time and still came to the conclusion that there was nothing to reprimand was head shakingly poor. I ha e no doubt that if Jeff had done that to say , debrunye it would've resulted in a red and a lengthy ban. The question is what can be done to improve the poor subjective decisions of these idiots officiating our game?
NotfittoworkforPGMOL.

The question is what can be done to improve the poor subjective decisions of these idiots officiating our game?

VAR could done from anywhere in the world. I'm up for the PL having an agreement with the German / Dutch leagues etc to use their officials as they should be totally impartial and probably much better (I'm not basing that on anything other than the Germans are just bloody efficient at most things).

For some reason here in the England our VAR is totally abject, there is also without doubt a big team bias and when players like Jeff carry around some baggage that will all go out the window if Her Muller from Dusseldorf was making the decision.

VAR could done from anywhere in the world. I'm up for the PL having an agreement with the German / Dutch leagues etc to use their officials as they should be totally impartial and probably much better (I'm not basing that on anything other than the Germans are just bloody efficient at most things).

For some reason here in the England our VAR is totally abject, there is also without doubt a big team bias and when players like Jeff carry around some baggage that will all go out the window if Her Muller from Dusseldorf was making the decision.
Nein! - don’t mention zee VAR!

It sounds good, but I think the 'club' will just get bigger. A few team bonding jollies and all that. You know how it goes.

Surely action could be taken. Like with Suarez?
Violent conduct.
But that would mean implicit criticism of the VAR people.
So it won't happen.

Anderson would be eating through a straw ?

Well, you would hope so. Jeff would be getting a ban anyway, so he may as well make it worthwhile !

Our best best is to sell to some Saudi prince or whatever and make us a big club then we will get all the decisions

Last edited:

;