If we beat ManU

Having seen what it did to Burnley this season I hope not! But seriously, what I love about Saturday’s game is that they will be having to raise their game to beat us. It’s one thing losing to us when we’re the underdogs and they have simply underestimated us, but they will undoubtedly be playing their strongest XI and having to set up as they would against any top 6 team. Everyone associated with their club will hate that, as we represent the tinpot and they represent the entitled modern day football fan who expects to be the top of the league every season. Beating a team like Bournemouth should be a formality, based on history rather than anything rooted in the present reality.

Likewise we are not expected to win. We can play freely and with little pressure, knowing that a loss will not shatter our dreams and we will move on to the next game. Having said that we’ve shown the quality this season to give them a real shock. I really hope we do.

Really looking forward to this one .:utc:

It would also be a real statement. It would give us a six point lead over ManU who traditionally would be expected to be in a top six spot, one of which we would then continue to occupy. If we lose we are level on points, maybe only ahead on goal difference and we would probably be looking at hanging on in the top ten for the rest of the season. Could be a turning point with regard to our ambitions for the rest of the season.

I agree with Def: a bit soon to be counting chickens.

That said, Saturday's sport section in the Telegraph had a football analysis of how the top five teams were playing. It made me smile that they chose not to analyse the top six. I wonder why? So wherever we end up I am hugely enjoying gate crashing the top six party.

Some people never learn Rob.
Yank C; it's much too early to be counting chickens - the eggs haven't even been laid yet!
As Def II R says, loads can go wrong between now and May.
When you have been watching football (especially AFCB) as long as many on here have you learn to avoid disappointment and retain your sanity by only hoping that they will do well in the next game.

6 of the next ten fixtures against the “normal top 6”: Man Utd twice, city, spurs Liverpool and Arsenal. Let’s see where we are at end of December. We are up 3 points in corresponding fixtures last season!

6 of the next ten fixtures against the “normal top 6”: Man Utd twice, city, spurs Liverpool and Arsenal. Let’s see where we are at end of December. We are up 3 points in corresponding fixtures last season!
The difference, for me at least this season, is that I am quite looking forward to that run rather than dreading it. I am hoping that we can make the turn at 30 points, where we would find ourselves in very nice shape.

I am actually excited to go up against the ''big boys'' and show them what we have got in our locker. Knowing that we are halfway to almost guaranteed survival already, it will really help calm the nerves when we look at the fixture list over the next 10 games

It would be very interesting if we win a couple of these "Big Boy" games.

Man Utd and Arsenal at home. Why not 4 or 6 points.

Not sure we will take owt off of City, or Liverpool, but chuck in the 3 winnable points against Newcastle, Huddersfield, Wolves and Brighton..

34 points by new years day.

Now that's is positive.

IT..... is.....NOT.......WHO...... you... PLAY!!!!!!!

IT IS

HOW. you. F###king...PLAY!!!!!!! Howe you play!!!!!!

All this F##king Claptrap about the ,' bigboys'...

F##k the Barstewards.....GET ACROSS the Halfway line with speed and their Ar#e is OPEN SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Year after year after year after year clubs and their fans buying the F##king Crap in the Newspapers and flowing from the gobs of ex Manu, Arsenal and Liverpool players of how you cannot penetrate the top six!!!!!!I I'm f##cking Sick of listening and reading it! " Oh of course there will NEVER be another Leicester" they say in Abject fear of Such!​

WHY THE SCREAMING F##K NOT? Who Dares WINS! Someone told Vardy that as he climbed the F##king Pyramid !!!!

Last edited:

;