Ilya Zabarnyi

I'm wondering how Zabarnyi is in the Ukraine squad for the match this month when he can't even make the first team squad for our matches? I sure hope they don't play him and regress his recovery from what has prevented him supporting our fight against relegation. I'm surprised he hasn't withdrawn from the internationals as playing for us should be the priority.
Bizarre you think playing for us should be a priority over playing for his country Ukraine given the current situation.

Another England campaign underway under Gazza Southgatinho...against Italy who have maintained a huge superiority over us through many decades in competitive games.
He needs at least 7 or 8 better players to do anything in the ultimate tournament...even if we qualify behind Italy ...and will have to invent a better way of playing....and hopefully more entertaining than the banal stuff we have had to endure over this last few years....

He obviously wasn't considered fit enough by the Ukrainians to play in their practice match with Brentford B tonight so no point in him staying with the squad.

Thought he had a decent run out... Comfortable on the ball and looked like there was some pace in there also... Not sure about his 1 on 1s but a promising performance IMO...

Ticks the boxes for a modern ball-playing defender - Everything of a normal central defender but with speed with some great dribbling ability.

And I look at myself and he's two years younger than me... How time flies

Looks a very 'progressive' modern defender. Certainly has talent. Reninds me of when I first saw Senesi.

I could imagine Willo in the stand yelling at him to just head or kick it at times, and maybe the bread and butter side of his game could use some work as he settles in. There's a player in there somewhere, will need time to settle into the league, learn his teammates and know when to keep it simple.

The way I see it, settling on a first choice CB lineup (in whichever team configuration) is probably the most important decision ahead of August.

Where Kelly and Mepham fit in here, Stephens perhaps? Lots for GON to ponder on his sun lounger.

Looks a very 'progressive' modern defender. Certainly has talent. Reninds me of when I first saw Senesi.

I could imagine Willo in the stand yelling at him to just head or kick it at times, and maybe the bread and butter side of his game could use some work as he settles in. There's a player in there somewhere, will need time to settle into the league, learn his teammates and know when to keep it simple.

The way I see it, settling on a first choice CB lineup (in whichever team configuration) is probably the most important decision ahead of August.

Where Kelly and Mepham fit in here, Stephens perhaps? Lots for GON to ponder on his sun lounger.

I can see us continuing with the 3 CBs.

From what Willo was saying on Solent as I was on the way back from the game, it seems Kelly is one of his first choices for centre back.

;