Ilya Zabarnyi

Zabarnyi seems bullet proof, has played every minute of PL football since the start of the season. Outside of goalkeepers there's only a handful of others.

Really impressed with him, has barely put a foot wrong.

Much prefer him with Senesi than Mepham, but Mepham has come in and done well given his time away from the squad.

One of those players who quietly gets on with the job and is almost unnoticed.

A really underrated signing.

The vultures will circle, but let's keep him for another year at least.

Zabs will go for 100 million at this rate. Probably end up as one of our best players/ signings. Type of player that should have gone right to Chelsea.

I think that's where ffp helps us in a weird way.

Mega wealthy clubs have to be a bit more selective and can't simply hoover up every hot prospect or talent, as diminishes spending power on more first team ready players.

He’s been an exceptional signing. Still only 21 and yet feels like a veteran, plays a very confident game and with Senesi had built the partnership we always hoped he’d be part of.

I think his age is often forgotten (certainly by the ex pros who rave about players half as good as him) because he plays like some one who has had a long career.

In my view Virgil van Dyke is one of the all time great defenders but Liverpool will already be casting around for a long term replacement. In a couple of years time Zabs won't be far off that level and will fit the bill perfectly for them.

I thought playing him LCB was a mistake yesterday. Mepham is a lot more versatile.
Have to disagree. Both Zabs and Meps are right sided but Zabs is clearly trusted more than Meps to do a job on the left side. Having seen Meps play LCB a few times I'd say he needs to stick to RCB.

Have to disagree. Both Zabs and Meps are right sided but Zabs is clearly trusted more than Meps to do a job on the left side. Having seen Meps play LCB a few times I'd say he needs to stick to RCB.
Zab started on the left with Mephs on the right yesterday.
They switched at HT, make of that what you want.

Zab started on the left with Mephs on the right yesterday.
They switched at HT, make of that what you want.
Did they? Honestly didn't notice that, probably because they were at the other end of the park. Oh well good to know that between them they can sort it out.

He is pure class....could rival Ake for best player to wear the shirt...just don't think he will be here long unfortunately..... he has a bit of everything you want from a centre back...amazing we got his signature....just hope Franno can find these kind of gems so we get at least a season to watch them before thry go on to bigger things!! Am fine with that!!!

UTCIAD

He is pure class....could rival Ake for best player to wear the shirt...just don't think he will be here long unfortunately..... he has a bit of everything you want from a centre back...amazing we got his signature....just hope Franno can find these kind of gems so we get at least a season to watch them before thry go on to bigger things!! Am fine with that!!!

UTCIAD
He’s probably our biggest asset at this juncture.

Hopefully, we get at least another season from him.

;