In Scott Parker’s defence….

It's a weird thing to look at professional footballers and know if you were to be on a pitch with them they'd make you look a fool their skill levels are that much higher.

And yet... I also know with complete confidence if I'd had that many chances to cross a ball I'd have whipped in at least a couple of decent ones. Even with my left foot.

His ability to fail to pick out a teammate was almost some kind of inverted special power.

It's a weird thing to look at professional footballers and know if you were to be on a pitch with them they'd make you look a fool their skill levels are that much higher.

And yet... I also know with complete confidence if I'd had that many chances to cross a ball I'd have whipped in at least a couple of decent ones. Even with my left foot.

His ability to fail to pick out a teammate was almost some kind of inverted special power.
Most of the time there isn’t even a teammate in the box.
He looks up a sees 6 white shirts against 1 guy whilst the rest of our players are playing it safe outside the box

It is very hard to whip in a decent cross when there is nobody in the box who can win a header.

Which is when you start whipping them into the gap between defender and keeper at pace hoping for a touch and encouraging even a lone striker to attack the defensive line when he sees you on the ball. You don't keep lobbing them in.

Last edited:

;