Injury News

Great if S Cook makes it back before the end of the season but I'm not sure I see the value in putting him anywhere more than than on the bench.

Give Mepham the game time when PL safety is pretty much assured and let SC have a proper rest without risk of aggravating things so he can come back completely fit next season.

Great if S Cook makes it back before the end of the season but I'm not sure I see the value in putting him anywhere more than than on the bench.

Give Mepham the game time when PL safety is pretty much assured and let SC have a proper rest without risk of aggravating things so he can come back completely fit next season.

Agreed. We don't need to play him again this season but at least this means he will get a full preseason in. I was worried he might enter preseason almost ready but not quite, which would leave him playing catchup. We should let him go on holiday now and have him back refreshed and at full strength for 2019-2020.

Completely agree with all of this

I'll just add that Cookie has played A LOT of games over the past few seasons. The guy is a nutter and he wants to play even if he is only half fit or even when he is completely knackered so this is a rare opportunity, where he is coming back from a longer term injury, to give the guy a bit of a break. Sort of protecting him from himself, if you catch my drift. I guess we will still need him in the squad until the last game has been played but we certainly shouldn't be hurrying him back if it can possibly be avoided. If anyone in the squad deserves a break from the pressures of playing PL matches it must be Cookie who has been a stalwart in our defence since we came up.

Solent

CHERRIES: #AFCB defender @SteveCook28 is ahead of schedule in his recovery, and could be back this month. @AdamSmith912 also progressing well.

I didn't realise they meant that Smith was progressing well enough to actually be an option for the Burnley match. For some reason I thought he was out for weeks yet.

"Adam Smith is improving, but with hamstring injuries you have to be careful," Howe said. "I don't know whether he'll be fit for Saturday just yet.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...rnemouths-new-training-complex-is-a-huge-lift

I didn't realise they meant that Smith was progressing well enough to actually be an option for the Burnley match. For some reason I thought he was out for weeks yet.

"Adam Smith is improving, but with hamstring injuries you have to be careful," Howe said. "I don't know whether he'll be fit for Saturday just yet.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...rnemouths-new-training-complex-is-a-huge-lift
It was rumoured he was having a fitness test before the Leicester match last week.

Smith has been a massive loss for us... His dynamism and drive forward is something we've lacked these last 4/5 weeks... Whilst we dont need to rush him back, he could add options for us at LB and on the wing...

;