Is anyone genuinely worried.

Ivyhouse

Star Player
I don’t know about anybody else but right from the start of the season I felt a sort of inevitability that we would get promoted. Our early results if not performance suggested this would be so. Now, when it’s seemingly all gone wrong I’m genuinely concerned that we won’t be able to throw off this malaise and will slip out of contention. Offer me some constructive hope folks.

I think the feeling of promotion being a given was false. I felt it too, but this is such a competitive league. Nothing's a given. I am concerned by our dip, though and I'm glad Parker has received his wake up call. He highlighted something that has affected us for a while - not being the same team over two halves. One problem is we're so dependant on Dom to score that when he doesn't, we're stuffed. There is also not enough competition going on for places. Christie and Anthony have really gone off the boil, so have Kelly and Cahill. There could be a silver lining message in today's result: "We MUST invest in a more competitive squad with everyone playing where they should be playing if we're to get promoted". Had we won today, there may have been less urgency. Yes, we're second but a Formula 1 driver doesn't race around the track with a flat tyre going "Hooray. I'm second". The driver goes "F@@k. Flat tyre. Let's get that fixed ASAP or the race is lost". We need to stop looking at our position in the table, and instead pay attention to our momentum and current/recent performances. The players need to stop smiling with their arms around each other for the training photos like they're on a weekend away, and start showing some graft on and off the pitch. All the players were talking about buying into the philosophy. It's time they reinvested in it because they've seemed as complacent as hell for a while.

Worried about promotion yes, we were cruising and now were losing. Mentally were mot strong enough atm.hard words need to be spoken and fast.

Beginning of last season certainly pundits had us as one of the teams that were going to be there or there abouts.

They have also said the same this season.

We would have a mass exodus of players this time though. Kelly, Solanke, Lerma, Christie, Billing etc
This. However, I am very concerned about the future if we don't go up - without parachute payments and the quality of players we currently have (ahem..) we will struggle to do well in the Championship again. Who knows what Max will do if we fail to go up? My worry/guess is that he'll cut and run, but what do I know? The success of recent years has been great but I'm not optimistic about us clawing our way up again in the future without the financial clout that Eddie Mitchell ended up introducing to the club. In a way it's immaterial as, despite my despair at today's showing, after 59 years of supporting Boscombe it has become something of a habit (like Class A drugs). Anyway, I haven't seen us play Sutton Utd, Harrogate or Salford City yet..

;