Is Fresneda interest finished?

Football London mentioned that Arsenal may be interested again, one reason they could get him at a good price.

On a Spanish website earlier, it seems Barcelona are still keeping their options open re this player.

If you believe the reports...

Barcelona need a right back. They've identified Fresneda as their second choice option to sign if they can't get Joao Cancelo from Man City. Fresneda said he wants to wait and see what happens there as Barcelona would be his preferred destination.

The Cancelo deal looked like it was coming together a couple of days ago but the reports today say it's off because Barcelona want a loan and Man City will only sell, and the price is too high.

So now Fresneda may become their first option, but now the reports say some of their recruitment team still aren't convinced by him so they might not move for him after all.

Having said all that, whether we were ever in the running still seems unlikely to me when you consider all the other clubs meant to be after him. I'd imagine he will move before the window shuts but don't have a Scooby where it will be.

Reports I remember leafing though said we'd left a verbal bid but with Barca and others interested they were waiting for the best off for club and player. If Cancelo goes to Barca he might be more interested in coming to us, won't be cheap but if he looks as good as Kerkez then yes please.

Reports I remember leafing though said we'd left a verbal bid but with Barca and others interested they were waiting for the best off for club and player. If Cancelo goes to Barca he might be more interested in coming to us, won't be cheap but if he looks as good as Kerkez then yes please.

And he is that good from what I've read/seen.

Amazed we're even in with a sniff at all tbh. I'd have thought plenty of clubs between us and Barca on the club totem pole woukd have been in for him. But again, this is another example of ffp and clubs needing to be more selective of where they spend restricted funds.

If we pull this one off I'll be convinced Foley truely does want to take us well into uncharted territory.

July 26.

“Yes, I think his move remains likely,” Romano told Caught Offside.

“Rumours about Bournemouth are not confirmed, AC Milan had his name on their shortlist but they decided to focus on different deals, while Barcelona also met his agents but now working on other options (I’d always include Cancelo on their list).”

Then link to my post above earlier from same website.

Today at 2.20 pm.

Fabrizio says it won’t happen. It won’t happen.
Pretty sure he said we currently weren't in negotiations or something similar, which was true from what I read. We said we'll give u the rumoured release fee and bogged off to see if Barca could afford him... we don't appeal as much as being Barca's starting rb, no idea why not...

Hard to believe any of the so called in the know types as all they want are followers and likes. They seem to employ a shotgun approach and so will always get some correct

This would answer your question... If true for the reported fee then it looks like a bargain. Fresneda would prefer to play for a team in Europe and one where he is first choice so its unsurprising he is happy to head to sporting.

Aarons has looked good so far but in my dreams I would absolutely still take this guy for that price if we could somehow sneak a deal.

;