Is Scott Parker saying the right things?

Lord Snooty

Fans' Favourite
When your manager keeps saying things like:
‘We’re under equipped.’ (This evening)

‘We need to work out whether we want to give ourselves a chance of being competitive this year. At the moment, that is not the case.’ (August)

‘We are lacking in a lot of areas.’ (August)

‘I think we look a bit vulnerable.’ (Before the Villa game)

Whilst all of these comments may be totally true in terms of the shallowness of the squad & lack of recruitment…
Does it help the players we’ve got?
Does it give them confidence?
Do they feel they are good enough?

I’m not sure it does

I’m not even sure it does Scott any good himself.
He looked like a little boy lost when his dad hugged him after today’s game.

8B326B88-857E-400F-BB16-57C98D7AE4F9.jpeg

‘We need to work out whether we want to give ourselves a chance of being competitive this year. At the moment, that is not the case.’ (August)

Whilst all of these comments may be totally true in terms of the shallowness of the squad & lack of recruitment…

I’m not sure it does

View attachment 8561
Ahh what a lovely picture.....I'd have told the patronising pr1ck to fck off.

Still very early but I just don’t think SP has it for the prem tbh. We look similar to his poor Fulham side that battered and relegated. He seems like he’s given up and expects us to be relegated. I bet he’s even booked a holiday over Xmas somewhere nice and warm expecting to be sacked by then

The odd bit of talk to get the opposition to underestimate the team can be sneaky and work well, and I wondered if that's what he was doing to Villa. Sadly it's looking like it's less clever tactics and more blind panic as he doesn't have a plan. Hoping to be proved wrong the rest of the week!

The problem when you say you can’t compete is you give players an excuse. ‘Lads you didn’t compete?’… ‘I know you said it was beyond us’

Parker spent his career at well resourced clubs. He is not a man to bring talent on. We struggled up with an immense squad playing negative football. We should have been hammering teams off the park. That was never going to augur well.

The problem when you say you can’t compete is you give players an excuse. ‘Lads you didn’t compete?’… ‘I know you said it was beyond us’

Parker spent his career at well resourced clubs. He is not a man to bring talent on. We struggled up with an immense squad playing negative football. We should have been hammering teams off the park. That was never going to augur well.
I think he did bring talent on.......Travers, Zemura, Kilkenny and Anthony.
I also don't think we 'struggled' up.
We often played teams off the park last season.

I think he did bring talent on.......Travers, Zemura, Kilkenny and Anthony.
I also don't think we 'struggled' up.
We often played teams off the park last season.

Yep, I will agree with that but weren't we in a lower league last season?
UTC

I’m not sure it does

View attachment 8561

I agree, he cuts a pathetic sight by the side of Jurgen
UTC

Parker improved exactly no players during his time at Fulham, he almost destroyed Mitrovic though

;