Is this as good as it gets?

I think at some stage there will be a massive class action against FFP as it is anti trust and anti competition.

Probably a year or two away but it will come.

Someone mentioned that to me a few months back and went into detail why.

Basically complete joke, and how no other business is 'regulated' and controlled in such a manner.

No doubt theres something in the PL law books clubs effectively (have to) agree to. But not sure how it would stand up, if a club or numerous clubs were to make a proper case out of it, with top legal bods??

I know since we reached the Premier League and the way we did it first time round, we have attracted some American followers, by those who now post on here.

Any idea how big our following is over there?
I'm an American fan (Colorado) who started watching the Premier League in 2014 and picked the Cherries as my team in 2015 because even knowing almost nothing I could tell they didn't play like the other small teams.

I own a fair number of team t-shirts that I wear around and the general reaction is either "who are they?" or "I've never met a Bournemouth fan before!" On rare occasions I've spotted another Cherries fan at a soccer bar or out in the wild but its quite rare. That said, I have to imagine there are 10x more of us than there were 3 years ago!

Unless you're Man Citeh who can get away with murder and still be championed as the best team in the world the rest of us will have to play rigidly within the rules of financial fairplay. Our small stadium impacts us negatively regardless of how wealthy our owner is. The desperation to stay in this league has been highlighted by both Everton and Forest, who are both as guilty as sin regarding their astronomical spending yet are willing to spend probably hundreds of thousands of pounds to contest their obvious guilt. The ultimate aim is to stay in a league that is totally geared up to ensure the Man City cheats, Arsenal, Liverpool and the rest of the top 6 mob keep the PL a saleable commodity around the world filling the FA's coffers with unspeakable amounts of money. For a club of our size, and history, to be in the this league is an incredible story. To be competing in this league is fairytale stuff. Do the PL respect us or our achievements? Probably not. Bournemouth v Burnley is hardly the battle of the galacticos the PL want shown around the world but ,as set out in the terms and conditions, they have to show us so many times a season on the telly box. When we upset the applecart by beating one the top 6 it's never credited to our performance but rather the lacklustre display of the opposition. 3-0 at Old Trafford lauded reports of all that is wrong with Man Utd and very little about the way we went there and played them off the park. I'm loving this season. I was unsure at the start regarding both AI and our chances but sort of always knew that the 3 coming up would give us our greatest chance of survival. What AI has achieved in the last few months has been incredible and we are enjoying a wonderful journey this season. We look competitive in a league that by rights we shouldn't. We are above Chelsea who have spent a billion pounds! A billion pounds! We have had it just as good over the years on our journey up to the PL just at different levels. Whatever the ending is of our current journey I'm going to enjoy it and then look forward to the next one . Probably with a different manger and starting 11but that's football and as long as we keep p1ssing off the PL and the pundits then I'll love it, I'll absolutely love it

I'm an American fan (Colorado) who started watching the Premier League in 2014 and picked the Cherries as my team in 2015 because even knowing almost nothing I could tell they didn't play like the other small teams.

I own a fair number of team t-shirts that I wear around and the general reaction is either "who are they?" or "I've never met a Bournemouth fan before!" On rare occasions I've spotted another Cherries fan at a soccer bar or out in the wild but its quite rare. That said, I have to imagine there are 10x more of us than there were 3 years ago!
Thanks for the reply and welcome to our message board.

I know since we reached the Premier League and the way we did it first time round, we have attracted some American followers, by those who now post on here.

Any idea how big our following is over there?
Ha, some of us were born and bred in Bournemouth, and raised on AFCB but work opportunities and personal relationships take you on a different journey while still retaining your original first love (AFCB or Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic as it were when first attending games). That's me, first game in 1959 and still get in occasionally when in the old homeland, like I hopefully will in September this year visiting for a Falklands War naval reunion and UK family.

Someone mentioned that to me a few months back and went into detail why.

Basically complete joke, and how no other business is 'regulated' and controlled in such a manner.

No doubt theres something in the PL law books clubs effectively (have to) agree to. But not sure how it would stand up, if a club or numerous clubs were to make a proper case out of it, with top legal bods??

Not sure how well they will do. Football clubs can do what they like but they accept restrictions based on the rules of the competitions they enter. Loads of rules arguably make things unfair but that's just the conditions of entry to the competition they sign up for.

For a club of our size, and history, to be in the this league is an incredible story. To be competing in this league is fairytale stuff. Do the PL respect us or our achievements? Probably not. Bournemouth v Burnley is hardly the battle of the galacticos the PL want shown around the world but ,as set out in the terms and conditions, they have to show us so many times a season on the telly box. When we upset the applecart by beating one the top 6 it's never credited to our performance but rather the lacklustre display of the opposition.

I think it's partly a question of consistency. Clubs like Brentford and Brighton have previously been talked about in high regard by pundits because they have been up there bloodying the noses of the big boys for a consistent period of time. Both well run clubs in their own ways.

I think they also have the respect of the PL, particularly Brighton, because of the number of high quality players they have scouted and brought into the league over the past few years.

Even now if we were to leapfrog Brighton, an average top 6 fan would probably rather lose to Brighton or Brentford than us.

It's part of the reason why Toney and Dunk make the England squad but Solanke misses out. But it's an amazing step forward for our club that any of our players are even in consideration.

We need to prove we can perform at least as well as the likes of Brighton and Brentford for a consistent period of time to elevate our status. Only then will we start getting greater respect from pundits and PL. Not that we should need their validation, mind you.

It’s such a shame that we’re still so tinpot that all we can talk about is how many players ( and manager) we will lose next season.
I've got a better idea. We could bury our head in the sand and pretend it might not happen. Let's sit on our laurels and not identify a new centre forward, centre back, left back, goal keeper. We could save a few quid by Dango playing in those positions. Let's not ship out the deadwood/ perma injured. How's that for tin pot?

I've got a better idea. We could bury our head in the sand and pretend it might not happen. Let's sit on our laurels and not identify a new centre forward, centre back, left back, goal keeper. We could save a few quid by Dango playing in those positions. Let's not ship out the deadwood/ perma injured. How's that for tin pot?
Let's not scour Europe and South America for the next up and coming, innovative, young manager. Tommy's on the bench! I'm sure he's ready to step up. He'll wont cost much, knows the club and is mates with Blake!

;