Is this really embarrassing?

canadiancherry

Star Player
While our team was deservedly outplaying and beating ARSENAL 3-0, the visiting supporters began chanting "This is embarrassing!"

But I have a feeling that by the end of the season, losing to us will not be embarrassing for anyone.

It's the self-absorption of big-club fans to assume that since they're being outplayed by "little Bournemouth" their own players must be at fault . . . no way could this tiny club actually play as well as they. But based on what we saw yesterday, they ought to be disabused of that delusion soon enough.

Happened in the Championship too. There would be a weakly meltdown on opposition forums every time they lost to us.

Eventually towards the final third of the Championship winning season it changed to accusations of cheating.

I don't think that's the view of Arsenal fans at all, I know many fans and they all rate Eddie and the team. Irrespective of who Arsenal were playing for the first 60 minutes or so, whether us, Chelsea, Man City etc., I think the chant would have been the same, which ever way you look at it it was an embarrassing performance from Arsenal until our substitutions and their first goal.

Celebrated the 3rd like they'd won the league, as did Everton and the scummers.

I don't the chant was disparaging, more aimed at their own performance. Most teams know that coming here this season is anything but a rollover.

afcb_rednblack - 4/1/2017 14:40

I don't think that's the view of Arsenal fans at all, I know many fans and they all rate Eddie and the team. Irrespective of who Arsenal were playing for the first 60 minutes or so, whether us, Chelsea, Man City etc., I think the chant would have been the same, which ever way you look at it it was an embarrassing performance from Arsenal until our substitutions and their first goal.

Had the delight of listening to a group of Arsenal fans walking back to their car (before their drive back to Derby of all places). Referred to us as a conference side with a conference ground, conference players and conference budget. We "shouldn't even be on the same pitch as them."

Arrogant silly billys.
Would rather have our ground, our team, our fans and our manager over theirs any day.

Just remembered something I heard coming our of St Andrews after we beat Brhm 8-0.
"How did we loose by that much to a cr=p team like Bmth with a ground that only holds about £10K"
Made me laugh on that day and makes me laugh even more now.

red_house - 4/1/2017 14:41

Celebrated the 3rd like they'd won the league, as did Everton and the scummers.

I don't the chant was disparaging, more aimed at their own performance. Most teams know that coming here this season is anything but a rollover.

Agreed. I think it was not aimed at us or who we were but all about how badly Arsenal played - they were truly shockingly awful in the first half (and not just because of how we played or made them look).

The defending for our first goal was under 10 stuff at best.

My take on the chant was that they were frustrated by their own team's performance. I could be wrong of course but they did seem quick to turn on their own...there were some very angry gooners there last night. At one point they were also shouting for Wilshere.

They were expecting 3 points last night, they got 1. Maybe they realised how far behind Chelsea they are who have a game tonight.

;