Is this still the club we grew up loving?

Fox27

First Team
Much has changed over the past few years and in many ways out club has changed beyond all recognition but today something has restored my faith.

22 years ago by niece lost her mum in a car crash and broke her back at the age of 6. Some of the older posters will remember Letty and Letty's Dad (who sadly passed away suddenly almost twos years ago). Letty was squad #27 in our division 2 promotion year, culminating in that fantastic day in Cardiff.

Well, today she got married and when we got to the speeches who showed up on the video screen? None other than Eddie and our own legend Supa. Fletch knew Letty as a girl and the messages were so personal and heart felt. It made us all very proud of our club and two legends as well as making her day.

So thank you guys it was fantastic.

P.S. I should mention the wedding was in Bristol so that made the AFCB references even better!

That's brilliant. What a moment it must have been for Letty.

Congratulations to her too, and the happy bridegroom!

Fantastic and while we have people like Supa and Eddie around we will still be the same Club at heart.

Many congratulations to Letty and my she have lots of happy times to come as she certainly deserves them after all she has been through.

On a separate note I'm truly sorry to hear about her Dad as he was a very popular poster on here and seemed such a really nice guy, though I only met him once or twice and exchanged a few messages on this site. Either his passing wasn't mentioned on here or I missed it - either way many condolences albeit so late, in view of the circumstances.

It would be nice if a picture from the wedding could be posted on here in due course as it would be lovely to see 'little Letty' as it has been a very long time since I saw her last.

How wonderful......many of us followed Letty's fight over the years to overcome her back problems, and , as best as we could, suffered her several operations with her, somehow trying to share her pain. Her fight became our fight as we tried to imagine and share her lengthy struggles. We tried to become part of the family, in the hope that it would help alleviate her pain.
Have a marvellous married life Letty, you deserve it so much.

Thanks Neil, i know you & Tim had your run ins and to be accurate, I should point out that there are two brides ??

paulfrank - 30/7/2016 21:39

How wonderful......many of us followed Letty's fight over the years to overcome her back problems, and , as best as we could, suffered her several operations with her, somehow trying to share her pain. Her fight became our fight as we tried to imagine and share her lengthy struggles. We tried to become part of the family, in the hope that it would help alleviate her pain.
Have a marvellous married life Letty, you deserve it so much.

Thank you Paul, the AFCB family is very special to her

BFC1 - 30/7/2016 21:11

Fantastic and while we have people like Supa and Eddie around we will still be the same Club at heart.

Many congratulations to Letty and my she have lots of happy times to come as she certainly deserves them after all she has been through.

On a separate note I'm truly sorry to hear about her Dad as he was a very popular poster on here and seemed such a really nice guy, though I only met him once or twice and exchanged a few messages on this site. Either his passing wasn't mentioned on here or I missed it - either way many condolences albeit so late, in view of the circumstances.

It would be nice if a picture from the wedding could be posted on here in due course as it would be lovely to see 'little Letty' as it has been a very long time since I saw her last.

Agree re Eddie and fletch but they can't control everything that happens. Think the club has changed in many ways already.

All the very best to Letty and all the Fox family on this special day. The obstacles she has overcome in her life should be an inspiration to all.

I know AFCBade. They can't control it all but it was nice to see that some of what we all love is still there.

Apologies! Good luck both brides! It's great when life's been very hard to have a day like this.

There are still lots of good small club elements... I left my 8 yr old lad in the watch of his older sister at Whitecliff a few months back as I had to make a work call. I came back, he wasn't with her but she said "he has been talking to a bloke over there for ten minutes" I turned in a panic to see him stood deep in conversation with Eddie who was with his toddler and dog. I ran over and apologised for the intrusion but Eddie said " nice to meet a kid so into Bournemouth...don't apologise". I thought at time this wouldn't happen with many premier league managers.

That's wonderful news about Letty! Reading your original post brought a little lump to my throat, thinking about my own 6 year old daughter asleep upstairs.

Hope Letty is very happy.

Heartwarming story. Thanks for sharing I agree that having EH and fletch and all the other ex-players around the club is a reminder of where we came from.

Fox27 - 30/7/2016 22:17

I know AFCBade. They can't control it all but it was nice to see that some of what we all love is still there.

Absolutely, it is a wonderful story. We need the likes of Eddie and fletch at the club for many years but just making the point they can't do everything.

Congratulations to Letty and her partner, must have been some emotional moments for her family and loved ones. Great heartwarming post, shows the mark of men like Eddie and Fletch. Wonderful to know, although the club has grown so rapidly in such a short time, people like them still remember where the roots are : ) : )

;