Is this the best we’ve ever been?

NWCherries98

Fans' Favourite
Obviously the go to answer will probably be 2014/15, BUT…

This patch of form and performances over the last 9 or so games, is this not the best we’ve potentially ever looked as a team in the entire history of the club? I think over the last 9 games we’ve got:
- The most points
- Scored the most goals
- Most shots in games
- Top 3 least goals conceded
- Wins and clean sheets against Champions League clubs.
- Best run of straight wins (4)
- Best run of away wins in the PL (4)
- Joint most games unbeaten in a row (7)
- The best striker in the country right now.
- Injured players to return.
- A penalty!

Bearing in mind this all happening in the premier league, and that we’re top of the form table with the stats to boot, you could argue we’re the best team in the country right now.

:utc:

Obviously the go to answer will probably be 2014/15, BUT…

This patch of form and performances over the last 9 or so games, is this not the best we’ve potentially ever looked as a team in the entire history of the club? I think over the last 9 games we’ve got:
- The most points
- Scored the most goals
- Most shots in games
- Top 3 least goals conceded
- Wins and clean sheets against Champions League clubs.
- Best run of straight wins (4)
- Best run of away wins in the PL (4)
- Joint most games unbeaten in a row (7)
- The best striker in the country right now.
- Injured players to return.
- A penalty!

Bearing in mind this all happening in the premier league, and that we’re top of the form table with the stats to boot, you could argue we’re the best team in the country right now.

:utc:
Forget all of the above

This is the most beautiful run of games I have ever seen AFCB play

Football as it should be played game after game

And it's us!

Most definitely yes - we have quality right through the team AND on the bench too. No team will ever replace the promotion side in our affections but this side is better, younger and equally made up of very decent hard working guys. My favourite player of all time left in the Summer but he’s not been missed at all and the team has evolved under AI. I’m warming to just about every player now and that bond has been missing for 4 or 5 years now.

Absolutely.

Not only that, but this is a young and relatively inexperienced squad.

Eddie motivated a group of players that exceeded all expectations. And here we are again. Some of these players, and the manager, will end up playing at the highest level.

Forget all of the above

This is the most beautiful run of games I have ever seen AFCB play

Football as it should be played game after game

And it's us!
This for me 100%. Results are great and results with entertainment are nirvana but all I really want is to go along and be energised by the game as well as friends and family and it’s one of those periods where the games can’t come quick enough and I get gutted if I can’t do one of the aways.

Most definitely yes - we have quality right through the team AND on the bench too. No team will ever replace the promotion side in our affections but this side is better, younger and equally made up of very decent hard working guys. My favourite player of all time left in the Summer but he’s not been missed at all and the team has evolved under AI. I’m warming to just about every player now and that bond has been missing for 4 or 5 years now.
So true. Somehow the bond evaporated in the lockdown season but seems to have returned in spades! And Smithy being, well Smithy has helped us all reconnect. Long May it continue

This for me 100%. Results are great and results with entertainment are nirvana but all I really want is to go along and be energised by the game as well as friends and family and it’s one of those periods where the games can’t come quick enough and I get gutted if I can’t do one of the aways.
And we get both!

It should be the best the best as the cost per player is astronomical compared to what Eddie had to manage.

Eddie relied on teamwork and established partnerships whereas AI has so much choice in moving players in and out of the starting xi. Our bench is one of the best in the prem apart from defenders

If the yardstick is quality then I can't recall another AFCB team playing with the same (consistent) high level of skill and panache in a world class league. Tis a joy to behold! The 14/15 team was also wonderful to watch but the average skill level across the team is now much higher (as it should be given the spending). The magic ingredient this season has been AI and we are now seeing his quality come through. As we all know it won't last forever so let's just enjoy the moment.

Away to Spurs has always been a free hit but I sense we will all be a bit disappointed if we don't give them one hell of a game on Sunday!

It does seem very 14 15 seasonesque right now , long may it continue . Worried about players leaving not really , most of them have underperformed for other managers . It looks like keeping hold of AI has become top priority for the owners ..amazing the difference a couple of months can make .

;