Jack Wadham

kirsikka

UTC Legend
This years player to watch from our academy according to The Grauniad:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...0-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

In 2018 it was Nathan Moriah-Welsh, current captain of the U18s.

2017 was Brennan Camp who was U18s captain last year and has played for the Scotland U19s team. He signed a two year contract in the summer.

The 2016 selection was Gavin Kilkenny who we've seen break into the first team squad this year and has a Rep of Ireland U21 call up.

For 2015 they highlighted Corey Jordan who probably needs a big season this or next year to make a breakthrough with us. Seems that it might be a little unlikely at the moment but you never know.

It would be great to see a couple of youth prospects make a big impression on the first team. It's something we're lacking since we came up but understandable considering where we were when those that have graduated were recruited. Stay where we are for a couple more seasons and that becomes less of a reason and more of an excuse.

Thanks for sharing this kirsikka.

I coached Jack when I looked after a team in the inaugural Junior Premier League season. We were playing at U11 level but had a number of U10s, including Jack.

He was an exceptional player then and I could argue, the most talented in the squad. He played as the central midfield pivot in the 9-a-side team and was so assured in possession.

I left mid-season as I secured a job that took me away from the south coast; Jack left the team at a similar time as by that point, I'd made contact with Matty Holmes to look at a few boys and he unsurprisingly signed to the academy.

It is nice to know he has continued to develop and flourish with AFCB. I still have the plaque (which has the names of all the boys in that squad) that they presented me on my departure on show in my current flat. Nice to know that I might have contributed just a little to his journey so far!

I know it’s difficult when every league game is considered critical, but I would love to see some of these players given a chance in something other than a cup game. just thinking of the impacts Giggs, Owen and Rooney had at that age....

Just shows you can be very talented at a young age but it's so difficult to make it to the top,even at League 2 level.

;