James Hill

If Blackburn were still doing well, it would make sense for him to stay there and play regularly for a top Championship team. They are falling apart like Birmingham at the moment. Good for him to come back. It could suggest Mepham or Kelly might be on the move (hopefully not). Hill also played full back for us earlier in the season and looked decent.

Thought he was very good at left back against Liverpool. He was great again at right back last night until his injury. IIRC he came to us initially as a centre back, so what a versatile player we have who can play anywhere in the back line. Is there any update on the injury he sustained yesterday does anyone know?

A high ankle sprain. If that means the top of the joint or high in severity I don’t know.
Looking at the slow-mo replay it certainly looked like it was the upper part of the ankle which twisted beyond its normal range, just below the shin bone.
I would imagine that the healing time will depend upon whether or not there has been any ligament damage in there as a consequence.

Here's hoping that it's not too serious and that he is only out for weeks rather than months !

He definitely has been a welcome addition to the squad since his return. A clearly PL capable and versatile player, just what we need.

Looking at the slow-mo replay it certainly looked like it was the upper part of the ankle which twisted beyond its normal range, just below the shin bone.
I would imagine that the healing time will depend upon whether or not there has been any ligament damage in there as a consequence.

Here's hoping that it's not too serious and that he is only out for weeks rather than months !

He definitely has been a welcome addition to the squad since his return. A clearly PL capable and versatile player, just what we need.

if he was in tears and straight into boot, precautionary or not, it suggests ligament damage which could be anywhere between 4-10 weeks.

I guess this depends on how long Adam Smith is out for, if we bring someone in for the rest of the season, he could just end up on the bench

If that's so, it's a matter of severity but those can be as bad as any break or tear.

Can be worse than break/fracture.

That's what I was told by a physio after I ended up spraining ankle/ligaments on both feet several times whilst playing 5 a side. Used to be quite agile, rubbery in teens, never getting injuries. Made me realize I'm not quite the bionic man I thought I was..

No doubt different, in terms of focus ligament injuries get when an elite sportsman. But bsck when I kept doing it, they just told you to follow the Rice thing... rest, compress, elevate etc etc. So can end up with ligaments not being same again, depending on nature/severity.

If yku break/fracture your ankle, you'll get a cast/boot from NHS... ensuring yiu come back from it with mo/minimal issues.

2 loan spells have advanced his performances, really shame for him he has this setback

Can be worse than break/fracture.

That's what I was told by a physio after I ended up spraining ankle/ligaments on both feet several times whilst playing 5 a side. Used to be quite agile, rubbery in teens, never getting injuries. Made me realize I'm not quite the bionic man I thought I was..

No doubt different, in terms of focus ligament injuries get when an elite sportsman. But bsck when I kept doing it, they just told you to follow the Rice thing... rest, compress, elevate etc etc. So can end up with ligaments not being same again, depending on nature/severity.

If yku break/fracture your ankle, you'll get a cast/boot from NHS... ensuring yiu come back from it with mo/minimal issues.
Same with me with ankle ligament damage from a running injury

;