January transfer goss/rumour mill

I wake up at 4 a.m. and immediately search social media for news of...anything. Maybe we all need to start sleeping on Las Vegas time. How can we go halfway through a transfer window, lose 3 and gain 0? Please some news Mr. Foley. Our hospitals are already collapsing, we don't need the entire Bournemouth fan base at the A and E with insomnia, depression and anxiety. Save the NHS, bring Danjuma home!

I wake up at 4 a.m. and immediately search social media for news of...anything. Maybe we all need to start sleeping on Las Vegas time. How can we go halfway through a transfer window, lose 3 and gain 0? Please some news Mr. Foley. Our hospitals are already collapsing, we don't need the entire Bournemouth fan base at the A and E with insomnia, depression and anxiety. Save the NHS, bring Danjuma home!
You haven't missed anything sleeping on Pacific TIme so far this window. It's 9:30 there right now though and I'm about to go to sleep so I'll let you know if that's still true in the morning.

Letting 3 out with none coming in (so far anyway) is a bit concerning.

Would be great to just get one or two attacking threats signed.

Without adding a creative midfielder, the exercise could be futile.

Yes the bench looked so weak at the weekend. Lewis Cook also injured now. Need additions asap

Concerning - I would say negligent! Surely Lowe and or Marcondes could have come on 2nd half on Saturday and done more than Moore or Christie. Surely. We had a bench stuffed with players who were just warming the seat. They were never ever likely to come on. Negligent.

Concerning - I would say negligent! Surely Lowe and or Marcondes could have come on 2nd half on Saturday and done more than Moore or Christie. Surely. We had a bench stuffed with players who were just warming the seat. They were never ever likely to come on. Negligent.
Good point and agree it's negligent. We didn't have to let those guys go when we did, just make them wait a couple more weeks until we have strengthened. Turning up to Brentford with a load of kids who've never played a first team game for us while Lowe and Marcondes are out on loan is a bit of a shambles. It's a lack of joined up thinking once again.

The only player I would say could have done a job, would have been Lowe... Hindsight is a great thing but we are now desperately short on attacking options... Moore will get us nothing as we simply don't play to his strengths...

However, when did Lowe actually go out??? Rumours were floating around about SOlanke from Wednesday so if true then surely the club should have held off on Lowe until something definite was known... Unless of course, the move was driven by Lowe and and we are sure of some proverbial irons in fires...

Can't stand the bloke, arrogant, selfish, not a team player, bottles taking penalties and throws his younger team mates under the bus, never prepared to commit to a tackle, will never pass to a team mate in a better position to score if he thinks there's a chance to cover himself in glory and score, already past his best before date if Chelsea want shot of.... I'm sure there's more reasons if I could be bothered to waste more of my time.

Can't stand the bloke, arrogant, selfish, not a team player, bottles taking penalties and throws his younger team mates under the bus, never prepared to commit to a tackle, will never pass to a team mate in a better position to score if he thinks there's a chance to cover himself in glory and score, already past his best before date if Chelsea want shot of.... I'm sure there's more reasons if I could be bothered to waste more of my time.

Not keen then, Nick?

But apart from that you think he's ok ?

All about opinions I suppose. On the other hand he's been a brilliant player for the last ten years especially against AFCB.

Struggling with that assessment. Was a first choice forward in a Pep team all about the team for several seasons. Has scored a huge number of goals for someone that is a wide forward. 80 England caps and 20 international goals. He's a brilliant player but don't worry, he definitely won't come to a club like us. Nor could we afford him.

I also thought he handled the tabloid attempts to smear him early in his career very well. They were plain and simple nasty. I wonder why they picked on him?

Last edited:
Struggling with that assessment. Was a first choice forward in a Pep team all about the team for several seasons. Has scored a huge number of goals for someone that is a wide forward. 80 England caps and 20 international goals. He's a brilliant player but don't worry, he definitely won't come to a club like us. Nor could we afford him.

I also thought he handled the tabloid attempts to smear him early in his career very well. They were plain and simple nasty. I wonder why they picked on him?

It's a mystery isn't it.
Maybe he went out with prince Harry?

;