January transfer window.

I pointed out he was lackadaisical in his warm up. He was lackadaisical in his tracking back today and after some constant rages from Iraola he just took him off.

Not convinced on his character, as your other lot Leeds found out.;)
I knew you’d be wetting yourself at our defeat.
Blame your usual two.
Any chance you may announce a break from here again soon?

The lad had 84 on his shirt. Is there any reason why this number is so high?
The highest squad number I have found for Liverpool is number 98 worn by Trey Nyoni.

This might answer your question how they are allocated high numbers. like Trent Alexander-Arnold.

"When we get any young lads that come down from the Academy, we always deliberately try to give them a high-ish number," Radcliffe explains to Liverpoolfc.com.

"We don't like to give them a low number in case they sort of think they've made it straight away, if you know what I mean.

"You pick it out because it's a free number and it's around that sort of number you think, 'We'll give that out because he's only just come down'.

Last edited:
I've always thought Adebayo would be a good replacement for Moore, but I don’t see that happening.

I'd like an experienced loan signing to cover LB but I'm struggling to think of anyone. Think we need that Gary Cahill type of signing to bring that edge to the dressing room and also cover the LB spot when needed ago.

Akinfenwa retired a few years back.

Could Ryan Bertrand or Danny Rose do a job till the end of the season. Experienced and could be good squad players for cup matches and help youngsters out.

I pointed out he was lackadaisical in his warm up. He was lackadaisical in his tracking back today and after some constant rages from Iraola he just took him off.

Not convinced on his character, as your other lot Leeds found out.;)

Think this is harsh, first half he was very good tracking the 84. Full on sprints in the transitions to cover his man. (Myself and the little one were watching this closely as he is getting a bit more tactically aware of the off the ball stuff).

Second half this stopped. No idea why, whether it was a conscious decision by us, or the formations switch from Liverpool.

We need an outside back on loan that can play both sides, is match fit and good enough for this level.

Tough thing to find.

Brandom Williams is good on both sides.

Currently doing well on loan at Ipswich, On loan from Man U.

Young, potential to be a good player in top flight. Currently around top champ/low pl level. Ideal backup, someone who can stepin when needed and grow.

Fits the bill imo. May be out of contract in summer iirc.

Think this is harsh, first half he was very good tracking the 84. Full on sprints in the transitions to cover his man. (Myself and the little one were watching this closely as he is getting a bit more tactically aware of the off the ball stuff).

Second half this stopped. No idea why, whether it was a conscious decision by us, or the formations switch from Liverpool.
Or he doesn’t yet have longer than 45 mins of playing this way in him….

Some of the usual moaners and blamers absent so far today..probably still reeling from that mauling yesterday...best get opinions out..whack 'em into yer keyboards...get 'em rocking and rolling !

We were meant to give Liverpool a Test..Klopp had already lost twice at diddy Dean Court !
Half time we went in after one of the best accounts we had given against them...other than the 1968 FA Cup 0-0. and the wrongly disallowed Keith East goal.
We came back out for the 2nd half half asleep !
I couldn't believe the transformation.
It's difficult to blame any particular players. ..as a unit they just capitulated. Weird.

Or he doesn’t yet have longer than 45 mins of playing this way in him….
that could be the thing here, we know AI expects his wingers to work the hardest on the pitch pretty much which is why we have have enough for rotation, maybe a impact sub is suiting him better at moment?

Kyle Walker-Peters and Che Adams would be perfect IMO, maybe Brooks could be used as part of the deal, although his last 2 performances weren't good for his price tag in the shop window.

I rate Moore, but he doesn't fit our style of play and Mepham seems like he wants to and should move on for his career.

I also doubt Kelly will end up at one of Europe's top clubs, is he better than Lerma (who moved sideways to Palace)? Kelly and Lerma for different reasons earned the right to move on and play elsewhere if they want.

Kyle Walker-Peters and Che Adams would be perfect IMO, maybe Brooks could be used as part of the deal, although his last 2 performances weren't good for his price tag in the shop window.

I rate Moore, but he doesn't fit our style of play and Mepham seems like he wants to and should move on for his career.

I also doubt Kelly will end up at one of Europe's top clubs, is he better than Lerma (who moved sideways to Palace)? Kelly and Lerma for different reasons earned the right to move on and play elsewhere if they want.
Saints manager talking.

"I spoke to Kyle and I also know his agent very well. Jason Wilcox speaks to agents a lot but I have worked with Kyle's before.

"There has been no conversation about him wanting to leave. Everyone agrees he is in such a good place.

"We are playing in a way that he can express himself. I don't have a concern about that, it would take a lot of money to prise him away from here.

;