Jeff (and Callum) suspensions

feeddefoe

Reserves
Jeff and Callum are both on 9 yellows. I believe that tonight is the last game before the cut off deadline (game week 32). On the basis that we cannot afford to lose Jeff (and Callum although he has been woeful) for two games, especially Newcastle, would it be prudent to rest them tonight to guarantee availability for the last 7 games?

I would never want to leave Jeff out of any line up but is this sensible? If King is fit for next game then Callum being suspended is not an issue as King better up top anyway!

Jeff... it goes without saying
Callum? - In his current form it's a shame he can't pick up a 3 game suspension!!! Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven in my opinion. I'm so fed up with his 'can't be arsed' attitude. Sam Surridge anyone??? At least he would try.

No doubt Wilson WILL play tonight.... go on Callum, prove me wrong!! PLEASE

Jeff and Callum are both on 9 yellows. I believe that tonight is the last game before the cut off deadline (game week 32). On the basis that we cannot afford to lose Jeff (and Callum although he has been woeful) for two games, especially Newcastle, would it be prudent to rest them tonight to guarantee availability for the last 7 games?

I would never want to leave Jeff out of any line up but is this sensible? If King is fit for next game then Callum being suspended is not an issue as King better up top anyway!

Premier League
Players who accumulate 10 bookings up to and including their team's 32nd fixture will serve a two-match suspension in the same competition.

I had a feeling that Jeff was holding back a bit against Palace, not getting stuck in like before lock-down. Was it a fitness thing or avoiding a yellow?

Given that a 10 yellow card suspension is 2 games, and a red card made up of 2 bookings is 1 game, does it now make sense for Callum to get a 2nd yellow card in the 94th minute....? He then reduces his suspension by 1 game and when he returns the possibility of a 2 game ban due to yellows is gone as we’re past that deadline?

Given that a 10 yellow card suspension is 2 games, and a red card made up of 2 bookings is 1 game, does it now make sense for Callum to get a 2nd yellow card in the 94th minute....? He then reduces his suspension by 1 game and when he returns the possibility of a 2 game ban due to yellows is gone as we’re past that deadline?

Funny that but I think you’re right

I was thinking the same. Although if the PL get a whiff that he got the second yellow on purpose I’m sure he would get a longer ban.

;