Jeff Hendrick

E3PO

New Signing
Watched him play a couple of games in the Euros and thought at the time that he would be a great addition for us. Now see that some papers are reporting that Eddie has him on the radar. Would be a great asset I would think for not a massive amount of money.

No thanks.
I don't think he is any better than what we have,I know it's difficult but if we want to stay in this League,we have to start looking higher than Championship players.

USCherry - 28/6/2016 03:23

Very impressed with him. 24 years old and a good squad player in the prem.

but at some stage we have to find better players than those in the first team if we want to stay in the division.

You can be damn sure all the other sides will be.

I don't think Hendrick stood out at the Euros at all tbh, he always seemed to want too much time on the ball and frequently wasted so many scoring chances because of this. You get even less time on the ball in the Prem. He seems like a Gosling type player who enjoys floating around in the midfield, I'm not sure we need another Gosling, especially one who's worse.

Yes, maybe he is better than O'Kane and MacDonald, but if our entire transfer policy on signing midfielders is based on whether they're better than Eunan O'Kane and Shaun MacDonald, then there's a serious problem there. Someone like Meireles, Allen or maybe even Ryan Mason is the calibre of player we should be looking at to improve our midfield (And we seriously need to improve it)

Not Jeff bloody Hendrick who plays for Derby!

Derby might be flaky but they have on paper a strong team, but as stated previously of their midfielders I'd prefer Hughes

But on the other points I agree, he's good but not good enough, if all we're signing are players who are better than our reserves then there's a helluva lotta choice out there

Highly doubt we are interested in him now (or that we ever were) but

DERBY REJECT HENDRICK BID

Derby County have turned down a bid of £3m from Burnley for midfielder Jeff Hendrick, Sky sources understand. Hendrick, who impressed for the Republic of Ireland at the Euros, starting all four games in France, still has two years left on his Derby contract. It's thought Nigel Pearson is keen to keep the 24-year-old, and the club feel Burnley's offer hugely underestimates his market value.

My friend who is an Ireland supporter (his dad is from Ireland) and a players' agent here texted me about Hendricks after we sold Ritchie.

Not for me, he's the weakest of their central three. I wanted Hughes but we got Cook, Thorne is a proper strong tackler who also doesn't lose the ball, allows Hughes and Hendrick to get forward, as well as scores a few beauts from range

;