Jefferson Lerma - Jordan Zemura - Contract Situation

Like has been said already, Zemura/his representatives are acting like pr**ks and not even engaging in dialogue with the club. It says a lot about his/their character. Behaviour like this makes him no better than Fraser, why not just communicate to the club that you want to keep your options open? Don’t understand why this little cretin gets a pass from so many, to not even engage in discussions is a complete slap in the face to the club that gave him his break. I’d make him train with the youth team.

Like has been said already, Zemura/his representatives are acting like pr**ks and not even engaging in dialogue with the club. It says a lot about his/their character. Behaviour like this makes him no better than Fraser, why not just communicate to the club that you want to keep your options open? Don’t understand why this little cretin gets a pass from so many, to not even engage in discussions is a complete slap in the face to the club that gave him his break. I’d make him train with the youth team.
So tell me, how do you know they have not engaged in the past? You don’t. You read and misinterpret. The club ‘not having clear dialogue’ does not mean there hasn’t been. It could also be interpreted that the club have made no effort to have dialogue.

And I note that again you resort to name calling and yet you complain when others do similarly.

Isn't that what his agents or he is doing.

“Little cretin”???

Cretin.

Boils down to GON picking whoever he wants and whoever he believes can offer the squad/ team more. There's a few I wish he wouldnt pick but I still go and watch, support and moan. JZ will most likely slip away and be forgotten about in no time. Shame it has come to this but he's not the first and he won't be the last. I think Jeff has been a good signing for us over the years but, and this may not go down well with everyone, he is limited and we could get better. Been great having him though and I think we all know he's enjoyed his time here. I'm sure he would love to leave with us still in the PL and consider it mission accomplished.

I try not to engage with your comments as a rule but to call a young lad who has done very well for our club a ‘cretin’ is unfair in the least. He will be being advised by people that don’t really care for his future or well being, I’m fairly concerned for him. A terrific young player and I hope he stays and continues to grow his undoubted talents

Lerma has been a model of professionalism. He has a contract and he is honouring it. He stuck with us in the Championship and gave his all.
JZ has been dazzled by the lights and probably overrates himself. He's good, but not that good especially in defence. He will develop I'm sure, and it's a shame it's unlikely to be with us.

I think I'll be in the minority based on the comments here, but I never really see an issue with a player in JZ's situation taking his time to assess his options, even if they ultimately decide to take a different route elsewhere.

Players don't owe us anything - this is their job. Its absurd to suggest his best option is staying here without knowing what his alternatives may be. He may move and crash & burn, but its quite possible he'll nail down a spot somewhere and have a cracking career.

Fans taking it all personally is just so weird imo.

I think I'll be in the minority based on the comments here, but I never really see an issue with a player in JZ's situation taking his time to assess his options, even if they ultimately decide to take a different route elsewhere.

Players don't owe us anything - this is their job. Its absurd to suggest his best option is staying here without knowing what his alternatives may be. He may move and crash & burn, but its quite possible he'll nail down a spot somewhere and have a cracking career.

Fans taking it all personally is just so weird imo.
You’re misunderstanding the situation though.

JZ has every right to weigh up his options, as does Lerma. This isn’t about that.

This is about him not even having the courtesy to engage into a dialogue with the club about what his intentions are, it’s about a lack of respect being shown to the club that gave him his break. It has been reported by many ultra reliable sources now that JZ and his representatives are simply ignoring the clubs contract offers. Do you really think that we would suddenly ostracise a player (who was starting every week) from the match day squad based purely on him not wanting to sign a new contract? Of course we wouldn’t, because if we were inclined to do that then Lerma wouldn’t be playing either.

Every reliable reporter related to AFCB is reporting that he has been ostracised due to a failure to even engage in discussions, it’s not about signing or not signing. The club clearly feel (rightfully) disrespected by the whole situation. This is why I (and many others) hold Zemura in such low regard. All he and his representatives had to do was to act in a decent way to the club who gave him his opportunity, and he would have seen out the season with us and potentially helped us in our fight to stay up.

I’ve seen some people say that this is on his representatives and not him, wrong. By choosing to be represented by people who behave in this way, JZ has to accept the consequences of public perception turning against him.

I would imagine that his representatives have advised him that they have an offer lined up elsewhere, and that the reason that they aren’t engaging with the club is because it’s actually in his best interests not to play. Any injury could jeopardise that move. There is no other explanation as to why they wouldn’t even be prepared to engage at this point really.

I try not to engage with your comments as a rule but to call a young lad who has done very well for our club a ‘cretin’ is unfair in the least. He will be being advised by people that don’t really care for his future or well being, I’m fairly concerned for him. A terrific young player and I hope he stays and continues to grow his undoubted talents
Disgusting term to use. I'm not surprised though

You’re misunderstanding the situation though.

JZ has every right to weigh up his options, as does Lerma. This isn’t about that.

This is about him not even having the courtesy to engage into a dialogue with the club about what his intentions are, it’s about a lack of respect being shown to the club that gave him his break. It has been reported by many ultra reliable sources now that JZ and his representatives are simply ignoring the clubs contract offers. Do you really think that we would suddenly ostracise a player (who was starting every week) from the match day squad based purely on him not wanting to sign a new contract? Of course we wouldn’t, because if we were inclined to do that then Lerma wouldn’t be playing either.

Every reliable reporter related to AFCB is reporting that he has been ostracised due to a failure to even engage in discussions, it’s not about signing or not signing. The club clearly feel (rightfully) disrespected by the whole situation. This is why I (and many others) hold Zemura in such low regard. All he and his representatives had to do was to act in a decent way to the club who gave him his opportunity, and he would have seen out the season with us and potentially helped us in our fight to stay up.

I’ve seen some people say that this is on his representatives and not him, wrong. By choosing to be represented by people who behave in this way, JZ has to accept the consequences of public perception turning against him.

I would imagine that his representatives have advised him that they have an offer lined up elsewhere, and that the reason that they aren’t engaging with the club is because it’s actually in his best interests not to play. Any injury could jeopardise that move. There is no other explanation as to why they wouldn’t even be prepared to engage at this point really.
Considering no one knows what's really happening, you seem to have some insight, please share or stop saying there is no other explanation.
He is training with the first team, so not ostracised like you say, just not in the squad, along with a number of other players.
I'm sure you'll find some obscure stats to back up your argument.

he is a great young player and none knows if they have had dialog with the club, or has GON decided we need better than him and is willing to let him go. It’s all ifs buts and maybes. But from here looking at it he will not play again for the club unless something drastically suddenly changes.
Good luck to the lad on his new path where ever it maybe.

I think it's possible that Zemura is getting bad advice. He may also be getting excellent advice. The range of possibilities I perceive is wide because I am entirely ignorant of what advice he is getting. He is a professional footballer. His playing career is necessarily very short. I do not begrudge him one bit for trying to maximize his opportunities. I also do not begrudge AFCB for squeezing him, if that's what the club is doing. There's not really any room for sentiment (unless you just feel sentimental). He will almost certainly be playing football for a living somewhere come next season. I don't think AFCB needs to fall all over themselves to retain his services.

I might be proved wrong in the future but I’m not convinced, much as I love watching him, that JZ is a premier league player so not sure he is getting the right advice. How many PL clubs would he be a starter in? I wonder if he will look back later in his career and think we were actually his best bet for the optimum salary and game time at the top table.

I know none of us know how much we are offering him but I’d be amazed if it is that different to JA. It’s probably the same as it would be illogical to try and get him to settle for less than his very close mate as they would talk to each other about salary.

;