Jim Frevola Interview

AFCBmattjamr

First Team
Found here: bit.ly/fcbusiness152

Makes for very uncomfortable reading. Openly admits that fans that have been going for years and years will be squeezed out this season to try and prove a demand theory.
It's absolutely outrageous. If this is the direction these clueless Americans are going to take us in then im very worried.

1000018089.png

Last edited:

Makes for very uncomfortable reading. Openly admits that fans that have been going for year and years will be squeezed out this season to try and prove a demand theory.
It's absolutely outrageous. If this is the director these clueless Americans are going to take us in then im very worried.

View attachment 11846
So how many season ticket holders do we have here? Must be at least 6000, these can't be touched this season they've already bought their seat for 19 games.
Then you have 1400 away fans, so realistically he has 3000 tickets to play with. Not sure what's so shocking here, he's been saying since he joined he wanted to create opportunities for new fans to get points

Perhaps a simpler way to start with would have been to open up a waiting list for new ST's. Would seem a sensible and very simple way to judge demand.
Of course not everyone can go every week but it would have given a good indicator instead of all this effin about with womens matches points, stupid Tuesday, rip off tent etc etc.

Perhaps a simpler way to start with would have been to open up a waiting list for new ST's. Would seem a sensible and very simple way to judge demand.
Of course not everyone can go every week but it would have given a good indicator instead of all this effin about with womens matches points, stupid Tuesday, rip off tent etc etc.

It's always confused me why they didn't do this years ago. Perhaps you can't legally do it if you have no intention of issuing season tickets. Especially if you charge for being on the waiting list.

Makes for very uncomfortable reading. Openly admits that fans that have been going for year and years will be squeezed out this season to try and prove a demand theory.
It's absolutely outrageous. If this is the director these clueless Americans are going to take us in then im very worried.

View attachment 11846
I don't believe the club doesn't have these figures already.

View attachment 11846
If you want to double your customer base you don't do it by pissing off your existing customer base.

It is pretty obvious to everyone that our ground is too small for Premier League demand. You don't need an economics degree or be a marketing genius to understand that.

I don’t think you’ll ever be able to ‘prove’ that we’ll fill a new stadium.

Surely you can demonstrate likelihood that we’d largely fill a 20k stadium without needing to tweak the current ticketing systems.

The corporate side will surely take care of itself in a new stadium.

The key for me in ‘filling’ a new stadium is how we use increased capacity to maximise opportunity with the next generation. Dedicate a large area to families, look at it with a fresh set of eyes and get out to the schools across the region. Surely you could increase the number of kids and families by say 3k per game if you make it easy to get tickets and offer a hassle free and enjoyable setup.

Last edited:
On the basis (as stated by the club previously) that ST holders take up very few seats for cup matches and that "new" fans snap up the rest I would imagine you could argue that we have already proved that there are 15,000 plus people wanting to attend PL games.

On the basis (as stated by the club previously) that ST holders take up very few seats for cup matches and that "new" fans snap up the rest I would imagine you could argue that we have already proved that there are 15,000 plus people wanting to attend PL games.
Add to that, people who would go regularly to league games but can’t be bothered to go to a cup/friendly/women’s game.
I know a few as I’m pretty sure the majority of us do.
As well as this my Mrs would go now and then as would my daughter, son in law, daughter in law and grand kids.

Its a good article and some interesting points. A new 18-20k stadium with the potential to expand; opening up the East Stand. I also believe that things like the £140, sorry £139 offering are a goodway to give people that extra experience without having to reach for the corporate stars. I remember going to Sunderland one year and they had a 'Black Cat' club at the top of one of their stands which served food and drink in an exclusive area.

The Showcase Cinema in Southampton has a similar area with plusher seating, 5 food cups and a bar serving drinks. Its the way things are moving and as long as there are some realistically affordable seats then it just broadens choice.

But he also seems to contradict himself. He's happy to hear that some people only want to come 4 times a year, but then hopes the 10k will come to every game.

Its not an easy thing to manage but I don't believe that alienating fans is the way to go about it.

Last edited:
From memory the capacity of the Dell before Saints moved to St. Marys was only 13,000+.
In every season since, when they have been in the Premier League, their average attendances have always exceeded 30,000, including the first season at St. Marys.
Even in the two seasons when they were in League One their average attendances were over 20,000.
Back in the 1950s when we were both in the old Div 3 S, our attendances were very similar, and the population of our catchment area has risen substantially since then.
In my opinion there is no reason at all to doubt that AFCB moving to a new stadium whilst playing in the PL would show a similar jump in attendances to that experienced by Saints.

Talk about trying to reinvent the wheel in regards to research. I don’t believe for one moment that Bill and Jim are too arrogant to look at the evidence around them and plough on through trying to work out demand from scratch.

There’s evidence all around with Brentford and Brighton alone within a couple of hours drive before working your way further down the alphabet for additional examples.

There’s no way they haven’t done this, there’s no way they’re too arrogant to take this information on board, so I don’t buy what’s being suggested here. They’ve tried to open up the tickets to more supporters, I get that, the idea is sound. The execution has been poor but it feels like we’re just doubling down now because that’s the route we’re taking and refusing to admit an error.

Unless Bill and Jim are happy with us all thinking that they can really gauge hospitality demand in a new purpose built multi million pound stadium by how many £139 tickets they can sell in a cold wet tent? Personally I don’t think that’s the case so curious why they’re trying to give that perception?

As I’ve said on another thread I’m not opposed to the tent offerings, it will target a certain type of fan. It’s at risk of abuse from visiting supporters, but it’s also something that might appeal to companies, even special family events, stag dos etc. It’s just alongside the other ticket schemes it’s having a compound effect on the already limited ticket availability. In a new ground crack on, make half of Kings Park a glamping site if you like, but for now offer it as a bolt on to those with a ticket, not limit south stand seats for it.

Easy. Plus you’ll also get a true demand of how many actually want that offering, rather than people using it to throw money at getting tickets for certain games.

Perhaps a good old fashioned fans forum might be of use . Let the fans hear what they are planning with regard to hospitality and tickets and why and in turn the fans can give honest feedback. Just twitter is no way to find out anything either way.

An excellent article depicting a vision and strategy which makes commercial sense, albeit that it will inevitably disenfranchise some fans unfortunately.

What this feature also loudly demonstrates is the incompetence, lack of experience and vision on the part of both Blake and Mostyn hitherto (as the day to day executive management of the club) and Demin also to a degree as the owner. The club has effectively been stagnating for some time despite success on the pitch.

Thank goodness for the arrival of Bill and Jim.

;