Joelinton vs Mings

JohnHold

First Team
People are saying Joelinton had a "did-he-or-didn't-he-mean-it" collision with ?Smithy? on Saturday. Supposedly similar to Mings at Man U.

I haven't seen it in any highlights - can anyone provide a link to it? Or if not, an assessment of what took place?

I leapt up when it happened and shouted at the screen for about five minutes. He completely kicked backwards at Smiths face. Not a natural falling body move at all, the complete opposite when you see it. Straight red.

Well.....:hmmm:......if Eddie condones that sort of stuff ...you know...Eddie...Eddie Howe our lovely ex - manager...Mmm..whatja reckon about that ?

Bloody sad when you think that Smithy is such a passive presence on the field !

And...and...f√cking and ... some or our fans wanted Fraser's leg broke.

Last edited:
Don't think there was much in it to be honest.

Raise your leg whilst your being propelled forward, you're protecting yourself in the heat of the moment.

Smith has done far worse in the past.

Maybe I do.

Unsurprisingly, the incident isn't in any highlights. I wondered if anyone had seen it on Youtube.

I couldn't find it anywhere either. I guess there are no ex-top 6 pundits with Sky cameras to broadcast it to the world ad infinitum until a kangaroo court is formed.

I couldn't find it anywhere either. I guess there are no ex-top 6 pundits with Sky cameras to broadcast it to the world ad infinitum until a kangaroo court is formed.

I've noticed down the years that there is very careful editing of controversial incidents so they often don't appear in highlights and thus disappear from the collective memory over time, apart from in the minds of the aggrieved fans. Feels like a PL policy decision.

Not sure on that incident but joelinton seemed to be involved in a few feuds second half. If pawson booked players consistently joelinton would have had two yellow cards. No doubt he would if he had been wearing a Bournemouth shirt. Seemed to mouth off cook after the equaliser

Not sure on that incident but joelinton seemed to be involved in a few feuds second half. If pawson booked players consistently joelinton would have had two yellow cards. No doubt he would if he had been wearing a Bournemouth shirt. Seemed to mouth off cook after the equaliser

He, along with that Bruno geezer for them seemed to go down at ease everytime a Bmth player looked at them & managed to get the decisions everytime.

I think Tavernier in this instance even managed to get a yellow card, despite having a boot lunged back into his face!

At the time, I thought he kicked him in the face whilst faking his injury, rather than trying to actually kick him

;