John Terry

The Alchemist - 11/1/2017 08:00

billythekid - 11/1/2017 00:38

When Eddie brings a player to the club he has to be the right person to fit into a happy dressing room, is Terry the right person?

Whatever you think of Terry as a person (and yes he is a bellend), he is a top pro. I don't foresee any problems with him in the dressing room.

Even if he is a bit vocal, maybe some of our softies could do with it.

Being vocal doesn't aid his ability to play. The last two years he has lost pace, the ability to turn and tackle. Even David Luiz is considered a better defender these days and he's pooe.

tedisking - 11/1/2017 08:15

Good to know everyone writing on this post is perfect.

I'm not perfect but I've not racially abused the Jamaican bloke at work nor slept with my mates wife.

Perhaps I need to try harder... :grin:

Neil Dawson - 11/1/2017 08:40

tedisking - 11/1/2017 08:15

Good to know everyone writing on this post is perfect.

I'm not perfect but I've not racially abused the Jamaican bloke at work nor slept with my mates wife.

Perhaps I need to try harder... :grin:

...I wouldn't have done it, because I'm wonderful like everyone else on here :grin:- but Wayne Bridge and his missus had split at the time he got his end away with her.

Never realised this until after the moral outrage had died down.

No problem with JT and Cookie in the centre of defence for the rest of the season

Terry …………. No thank you.

Lock up ya wives and daughters.

Bit of a donkey these days.

*Unless he wants to get used to the sea-air in preparation for giving young ladies bareback rides on Boscombe beach, at sixpence a go.

*Feel free to read this statement anyway you choose.

4FCB - 11/1/2017 09:57

Terry …………. No thank you.

Lock up ya wives and daughters.

Bit of a donkey these days.

*Unless he wants to get used to the sea-air in preparation for giving young ladies bareback rides on Boscombe beach, at sixpence a go.

*Feel free to read this statement anyway you choose.

I'll cross that Bridge when I have to.

I don't know why people expect footballers to be moral paragons - if you are looking for footballers to set some sort of behavioral benchmark I'd suggest you are looking in the wrong places for role models. His marital indiscretions are completely irrelevant. The racial slur was very poor but he's been done for that and very unlikely to do it again even if he is racist.

I can understand people not rating him as a player but it's not like you will have to invite him round for dinner parties if he signs.

I think Jeff has taken over player recruitment or something......look out for Olly Murs in goal and Thierry Henry up front.

Certainly wouldn't be a first choice for me, but we can only have a couple of loan players so the incoming player ideally has to be able to step into the side and offer something we don't currently have. There's no doubt that he fills that criteria, I know it's desirable to get someone who we might want to sign as well, and he doesn't fit that criteria, but I can see the upside

I don't see age as a barrier, only contribution, fitness and talent. Look at the impact we gained from Anderton or the second coming of Fletch, even Jimmy Case for those with longer memories

...we already have Jack Wilshere as an experienced guy in the team...I still can't see why all the panic, we can bring in Mings at CB with Cook...and can drop Gosling or Arter into a defensive central role. Francis will be back for the Palace game.

John Terry is yesterday's man, if we were in the Championship then fair enough, but if he is nowhere near good enoughto get into Chelsea's first XI...why would he be good enough for us?...after all he will be playing agianst the same forward lines for us?

I hope Eddie doesn't sign him as I think he would be a liability at the back for us....

I don't think Mings is the answer, he's been out for over a year, and even before that, how much experience has he got playing CB? It would be a huge risk to play him at LB let alone CB.

Not saying JT is the answer either, but an experienced Prem CB is a must

Agree there's a risk, but when do you play Mings? Pre injury was clear he had all the physical attributes to play CB at a high level.

And from what I've seen, played well enough on Saturday, so I think he's earned himself a chance, especially when we have some breathing room to the bottom of the table currently.

Would rather see him bedded in now than if things heat up in March/April

Bottom line is we are short of PL experienced centre backs. Francis has been making plenty of errors lately, Mings is inexperienced at this level even if he is fully recovered from a very serious injury, Cargill is still being loaned out whenever possible. If Cook got injured we are desperately short.
I would get him in and work it out from there. He will certainly have the leadership qualities and when you look at how EH has managed Wilshere back into full time football I am sure he could bring the best out of Terry.
We have the space in the squad, we must not repeat the mistakes of the Redknapp Championship era and fail to sign players when we are a bit stretched in the belief that we are safe. If its not Terry it needs to be someone else.

Garbo - 11/1/2017 10:07

...you're right SDD let's also sign Joey Barton and Ched Evans while we are at it?....

This is kind of my point - the lack of distinction between John Terry and (I won't say Chef Evans because he's been found not guilty) Lee Hughes and Adam Johnson. He's a pantomime villain compared to people that have committed proper crimes. You honestly think that some of our 'heroes' haven't done things comparable to John Terry? I'm not dismissing the racial slur btw but as I say I think he's been punished for that and unlikely to do it again.

I wouldn't care if we got Barton either if he was good enough.

My limited understanding is that the January window is the only time to organise loans. I may be totally wrong. Time is against us. Is Terry right I haven't a clue but he does have a presence and organisational abilities that we haven't sadly got. If he make mistakes then we do that already.

Has anyone checked North Stand Chat to see how much his wages would cost us?

I think he is not quite what Chelsea need basis playing Three at the back, but if he were to play as one of a back four, I think he could still do a job. Easier said than done, just make sure he is never isolated.

Also, leaving to one side his off field history, for someone like Mings and Cook, if you asked people in the game who they should look at to learn from etc, I think a lot would say John Terry.

Just remembered he's another left sided one, so forcing Cook onto his poorer side. Are there no right sided centre backs anywhere. Cook, Mings, Cargill, Wilson and potentially Terry and lately Ake, all prefer the left. Madness

We need to sign a defender. I don't believe that defender should be John Terry.

We also need to play Mings against Hull regardless of who we sign beforehand (if anyone). Hull are a weaker team so hopefully it won't be too much of a baptism of fire for him. If he doesn't perform so well, hopefully the team can do enough to help win the game anyway. In that event, we make a change the following game.

To me it seems the perfect time to give him the opportunity to impress in a team that gives at least half a toss. There's always the chance he'll do really well!

;