Juergen Klopp - class act

EverHopeful

First Team
Juergen Klopp - just watched the interview on Sky, epitome of grace in defeat, full of praise for our players. Hugging Ibe and Brad Smith on the pitch. Class act. Other managers could learn a lot from this, IMO.

He was really angry when their player went down pretending to be injured. Indicating in no uncertain terms that he should get up.

Really disappointed to see JT refuse repeatedly to shake his offered hand mid-match when a little touchline incident calmed down.

I know some won't agree but I think it lacks a little class to refuse the offer.

kirsikka - 4/12/2016 16:33

Really disappointed to see JT refuse repeatedly to shake his offered hand mid-match when a little touchline incident calmed down.

I know some won't agree but I think it lacks a little class to refuse the offer.
Yes I noticed that too and was actually quite shocked by it.

I couldn't understand why he wanted to shake hands, neither could the scousers I watched the game with.
What happened?

Not sure but the ref came over to talk to Klopp, I think the commentator mentioned maybe for coming out of his allocated techincal area. Supposition but maybe this peed off JT. Doesn't seem a reason to refuse to shake someone's hand though.

An entertainment in his own right on the touchline. The 4th official had a long afternoon. Only heard an interview on 5live but very gracious towards our team.

borisatha - 4/12/2016 16:45

I couldn't understand why he wanted to shake hands, neither could the scousers I watched the game with.
What happened?

I thought I saw Mane kick the ball away unecessarilly after it had gone out of play in front of the AFCB dug out and Klopp went over to have a go at Mane which meant leaving his techinacal area and crossing the AFCB one which is what seemed to pee Tindall off. But it seemed he was just having a go at his player for being stupid and it was shortly after that when he took Mane off.

That's how I saw it anyway.

Class act yep ,on the 2 points though

He wanted Cann up so he wouldn't go off for treatment so putting them down to 10 men for the free kick .

He was furious with Mane for not remaing calm having conceded and lumping the ball out

Not sure on the handshake but think JT read it as a gesticulation pointing to the area he crossed

Cherry_Bozzo - 4/12/2016 19:19

borisatha - 4/12/2016 16:45

What happened?

I thought I saw Mane kick the ball away unecessarilly after it had gone out of play in front of the AFCB dug out and Klopp went over to have a go at Mane which meant leaving his techinacal area and crossing the AFCB one which is what seemed to pee Tindall off. But it seemed he was just having a go at his player for being stupid and it was shortly after that when he took Mane off.

That's how I saw it anyway.

Agree...One of their players hoofed the ball into the stand, Klopp went mental with him..

the alleged handshake incident that followed ....I thought it was a gesture from Klopp to Tindall about the technical area rather than an offer to shake his hand...it was one of those moments where you think 'are they offering a handshake'..

This constant camera on the manager and their 'show' in the technical area is getting too much...Klopp was all over the 4th official, we get it with Klopp, Murinho, Guardiola and Conte...these guys think its all about them

Sky this season have hyped most games as being about managerial clashes, and focused on personalities rather than the football. Hence it was excellent when the Mourinho/Klopp clash turned out as a dull 0-0 flop.

;