Just got back

…..to Cribbs Causeway Premier Inn.

Left Audenshaw at 8.15 am.

One stop on the way down, at Sandbach Services, due to driver’s dicky tummy.

Overestimated drive time. The roads were clear so we arrived in Brizzle at 11.45 am.

Walked around stadium, but you can’t get all the way round.

Waited for the team bus to arrive. A few faces missing. Obviously David Brooks is absent but also no Smith, Pearson (was he suspended?) or Lerma. Had some worries about defensive midfield players before the game.

Oh wait a minute, Jeff turns up five minutes after the bus, straight from the airport. Rumour was that he was allowed into the team dressing room and to play on the pitch but was not allowed to sit on the bench with other subs (he didn’t).

The stadium looks like a Premier League stadium, however Bristol City don’t look like anything a Championship side let alone Premier League.

Very good to see Mr and Mrs table again. Even Rob Trent showed up!!! (although he says he’s not doing a cold, wet Tuesday night in Stoke - lightweight!!) See you in Stoke Mr and Mrs table (proper supporters!)

Probably the largest away contingent I have seen in Championship, not surprising I suppose as it is one of the closer away fixtures in this league.

Very noisy and raucous.

Flare let off in the food area before the game started, another later on in the crowd.

David, David Brooks sang with gusto before, during and after the game. Very emotional. Fair play to Bristol fans who joined in for the Seventh minute rendition and clapping.

Actually that was really the only time we heard them. Very quiet, mind you they haven’t won at since January.

I will leave others to describe the game in better prose than I, save to say:

1. We were brilliant
2. Our crowd were brilliant
3. Our two goals were brilliant (The away fans did not see the players waving the Number 7 when Jamal Lowe scored)
4. Did I say our crowd were brilliant
5. Bristol were only in the game for a short ten minute spell in the second half.
6. We should have scored EIGHT, if not more. Soooo many chances.
7. Good to hear that both Millwall (training tops) and Sheffield United (36th minute clap) showed solidarity to David Brooks this afternoon. There may have been others but I have not heard of them.
8. Defensive worries, what defensive worries?

Now stopping the night at Premier Inn at Cribbs Causeway, before making our way back to Audenshaw in the morning.

See you all (not Rob) at Stoke.

:utc:

Last edited:
Thanks Audenshaw, also met Retro Red, saw a Monmouth Cherry. Enjoy your night on the tiles in Bristol. : )
Got to say our away support has been excellent so far this season.
Got to get Mr Trent to more away matches, he only ever sees us win :)
Bristol City as a club were very friendly to all our wheelchair users, even if some of the facilities were a bit basic. Must say, their fans really did join in on the 7th minute, not just a token gesture : )

…..to Cribbs Causeway Premier Inn.

Left Audenshaw at 8.15 am.

One stop on the way down, at Sandbach Services, due to driver’s dicky tummy.

Overestimated drive time. The roads were clear so we arrived in Brizzle at 11.45 am.

Walked around stadium, but you can’t get all the way round.

Waited for the team bus to arrive. A few faces missing. Obviously David Brooks is absent but also no Smith, Pearson (was he suspended?) or Lerma. Had some worries about defensive midfield players before the game.

Oh wait a minute, Jeff turns up five minutes after the bus, straight from the airport. Rumour was that he was allowed into the team dressing room and to play on the pitch but was not allowed to sit on the bench with other subs (he didn’t).

The stadium looks like a Premier League stadium, however Bristol City don’t look like anything a Championship side let alone Premier League.

Very good to see Mr and Mrs table again. Even Rob Trent showed up!!! (although he says he’s not doing a cold, wet Tuesday night in Stoke - lightweight!!) See you in Stoke Mr and Mrs table (proper supporters!)

Probably the largest away contingent I have seen in Championship, not surprising I suppose as it is one of the closer away fixtures in this league.

Very noisy and raucous.

Flare let off in the food area before the game started, another later on in the crowd.

David, David Brooks sang with gusto before, during and after the game. Very emotional. Fair play to Bristol fans who joined in for the Seventh minute rendition and clapping.

Actually that was really the only time we heard them. Very quiet, mind you they haven’t won at since January.

I will leave others to describe the game in better prose than I, save to say:

1. We were brilliant
2. Our crowd were brilliant
3. Our two goals were brilliant (The away fans did not see the players waving the Number 7 when Jamal Lowe scored)
4. Did I say our crowd were brilliant
5. Bristol were only in the game for a short ten minute spell in the second half.
6. We should have scored EIGHT, if not more. Soooo many chances.
7. Good to hear that both Millwall (training tops) and Sheffield United (36th minute clap) showed solidarity to David Brooks this afternoon. There may have been others but I have not heard of them.
8. Defensive worries, what defensive worries?

Now stopping the night at Premier Inn at Cribbs Causeway, before making our way back to Audenshaw in the morning.

See you all (not Rob) at Stoke.

:utc:

Enjoy reading these. Sounds like just one stop on the way down with a dicky tummy is an achievement! Safe trip home

Enjoy reading these. Sounds like just one stop on the way down with a dicky tummy is an achievement! Safe trip home
Agree.I love experiencing these away days vicariously. I promise I will do some as soon as the opportunity presents itself. They are officially on my bucket list !

;