Just got back…………..

………to Manchester

Good to see Mr and Mrs table again last night, at the home of Cherries.

Also, thanks to Fritter for seeking me out and introducing himself. It was good to meet you.

As for the game. Disappointing at its best. We couldn’t hit a barn door!! I like the style of our football but the shooting stats at the last three games I have attended (Fulham, Newcastle and Leicester), show that we really need to be more precise in front of goal. We really missed Solanke and Unal going off injured did not help at all. Also, we missed Christie and when he did come on he not as effective as usual. I have read a lot of criticism of Phillip, not closing down or looking uninterested, which I think is VERY unfair. I thought he played very well in the first half and into the second but clearly tired after that. If I was the manager I would have brought him off then but I realise that there were few options on the bench to replace him.

On the whole, I thought the defence and Cook played reasonably well and, although we rode our luck a few times, Leicester, apart a very well taken goal, weren’t too good in front of goal either.

Up front we were lacklustre and, as I have mentioned before, our shooting was appalling. We made chances but, once again, we just didn’t take them. This is becoming a worry and we really need to start scoring again. I know that is an obvious thing to say but it’s still the truth. If we don’t start hitting the net soon we may still find ourselves dragged into the relegation dogfight.

I have left Scott to the last as he seems to have lost the plot. He started well after his injury but since Christmas he seems to have gone missing in action. Whether it is a loss of form, a loss of confidence, a fitness issue or a niggle someone needs to put an arm round his shoulder and give some love. He is class but he’s not showing it at the moment.

It was great to be back at Dean Court to see the boys play but, last night at least, there seemed to be a lack of atmosphere and passion from the crowd at important times. In my experience the away following is more active, loud and enthusiastic, even if we are behind.

I look forward to seeing more Vitals friends at Burnley on Sunday.

:utc:Always!

Last edited:

;