Just got back

Boscombe Cherry

First Team
Another poor performance. Based on the 3 games I have seen so far, we look in real trouble unless Howe fixes his well known down points. His plus points haven't clicked yet, and frankly he is getting let down by players.

Good - not a lot, but Defoe looked good on the very few times he was given the ball. Ibe was some sort of threat, Daniels okay and Ake good when in front of backline wen Francis and Cook dropped behind him, surely his best position is there?

Bad - Most things. Arter looked awful...I mean really bad, as was Gosling, King was also poor. The latter is probably down to Howe's insistence on playing him out of his best position. Arter cannot be excused now for yet another dreadful performance surely? 3 at the back didn't work today.

We know Howe is stubborn but we found it baffling to drop Surman but still keep Arter and play Gosling ahead of Cook.

Please, please I just want to see players actually put up some sort of fight.

I saw few positives. We need to get our best 2 players from last season back in their most effective positions for starters. No doubt we looked more comfortable with Steve cook in centre of back 5 or left centre back in a back 4. Does call into question the cook/ake pairing at CB. Similarly king is wasted on wing and doesn't look up for it; his half hearted challenge set up first goal. Thus need him to play him down middle. Ake is best as defensive mid and did ok in second half.

;