keano ........... worth a listen :-)

...this guy is a thug and probably loves to bully players with his opinions and arrogance...

Very interesting, and thanks for the link. Will try and find the whole thing later. Great player but he lives in the past. Has a go at players talking now they have retired, and there he is doing the same. Makes a big deal about being professional, its your job, not there to be loved etc etc, but boy does he seem bitter that he is not loved. Its a shame as his behavior now is really over shadowing what good he did when he played.

The best managers don’t need to be loved, but players would want to play for you and give your all. If I was a player, Roy Keane would be the last person I’d give my all for.

Roy Keane is a horrible human being. To take a snipe at Walters for crying on national tv about the death of his unborn baby is beyond despicable. Hope this man never gets a job in football again. A pathetic insecure bully.

The best managers don’t need to be loved, but players would want to play for you and give your all. If I was a player, Roy Keane would be the last person I’d give my all for.

Exactly this, Field Marshall Slim said "the art of leadership is extracting cheerful and willing obedience from your subordinates", I wouldn't go into battle alongside Keane. Hardman or not his acts of petulance and bullying are traits of a coward, so if it was a fight we were expected to win I'm sure he'd be grand, but if it started to head south, he's every bit the kind of guy I wouldn't want next to me, he'd throw you under the bus for an easy route out

I read his book a few years ago and thought he was just a whinging idiot. Seemed to blame any problems he had on others constantly. Waste of perfectly good carbon.

Personally found that clip entertaining. Don’t like the guy much but understand his frustrations.

First time I've seen him smile.

He's incapable of changing his approach and that's why he'll never have a successful managerial career. I appreciate his fervour and commitment, but his ego will always remain a blocker to any advancement towards greatness off the pitch.

The 'Top Flight Time Machine' podcast does a deep-dive into his 1st autobio which is well worth a listen. Very amusing.

It’s pretty obvious that he hates the English and wouldn’t surprise me if he was an IRA supporter. He comes across as a miserable ****************************.

;