Kermit in the OHEC

OLDSKOOL

Fans' Favourite
Great interview with Yann in the OHEC - reflecting on the 2-0 win at Brighton and the Championship winning season as a whole .
Talks about the strength of the team and management, togetherness, willingness to improve and how strong and confident we were .
What a great time that was - the pinnacle of our recent times .
UTCIAD

Great interview with Yann in the OHEC - reflecting on the 2-0 win at Brighton and the Championship winning season as a whole .
Talks about the strength of the team and management, togetherness, willingness to improve and how strong and confident we were .
What a great time that was - the pinnacle of our recent times .
UTCIAD
We should get him over for the last home game of the season if he's not playing that day in France. Maybe get him to do the same as Table and his good lady did prior to kick off. It's no good getting him on the pitch 15 minutes before kick off or at half time as most people are still in the concourse. He deserves a massive ovation. Whenever I think of the championship season I always think Yann. Remember him still being out on the pitch with his kids at Charlton when pretty much everyone else had gone.

Some players can be with you for seven or eight seasons and get anything like the love from the fans that he managed in less than two. It's funny how some players just immediately connect with a fanbase.

With us for under two years and yet forever an AFCB legend.

Actually, the whole of his career is pretty interesting and I've hoped for a while that he might release an autobiography when he retires. I always had the impression he was quite clever and suspect that he could put out something very much worth a read.

The Championship winning season will probably never be bettered IMO..we had a fluent skillful team who worked hard for each other and produced some of the very best football ever played in that League at times...people euligise Wolves when they came up but we were far more an attractive side back then...

That the season culminated so perfectly in that Charlton day...really was the cherry on top. Where everything from the dominant performance, good goals, result, even the weather, and of course winning the title in the dying minutes thanks to Watford cocking up - it was all just perfect.

I often think that 'that' night v Bolton can never (ever) be bettered for us as supporters... We're never going to win the Champions league or the PL... The only thing that could possibly come close would be winning the FA Cup, and on recent seasons, that aint happening anytime soon either...

Even if we get relegated, and then found a way back ot the PL, it will have been done before... Bolton at home was, for me, the pinnacle of being an AFCB fan, and I'm happy with that...

Last edited:
We’ve been spoiled a bit for special days though in the last five years. Thirty years of being able to count them on one hand followed by a procession of them recently. Beating Liverpool at home? The Chelsea and Man U week. The 3-0 at Chelsea. I can still remember staring in disbelief as we scored eight away in a Championship game.

Worth remembering when we have a spell like we have just had.

You only have to look at championship winning end of season DVD to realise how many goals Yann set up for us.

Shame he’s still bleating on about how he didn’t get a chance in the Premier League when he’s openly admitted he squandered it.

Great signing for the Championship and a fan favourite along with that entire squad.

We should get him over for the last home game of the season if he's not playing that day in France. Maybe get him to do the same as Table and his good lady did prior to kick off. It's no good getting him on the pitch 15 minutes before kick off or at half time as most people are still in the concourse. He deserves a massive ovation. Whenever I think of the championship season I always think Yann. Remember him still being out on the pitch with his kids at Charlton when pretty much everyone else had gone.

Agree. Sorry may have missed something but was that Table last home game? Didn’t realise but certainly clapped them both pre match.

Not only a great day for the Cherries fans at Charlton, but for Yann playing in front of the fans from both clubs who he had been a hit with.

Charlton also my dad’s club.

;