Kevin Friend

One of the least controversial refs in the game. Doesn't seem to have a problem keeping them under control too.
We will see how well he gets on with West Brom's style of "football"

Someopne has been busy :hihi:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3010069/kevin-friend-trolled-twitter-wikipedia-manchester-united-vs-bournemouth/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-SunSport-_-Football-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

Can't be "do as I say, not as I do" can it, when his performance was far worse than any player on the pitch today?

I thought the long chat with Zultan was to do with swapping shirts after the match. All it cost was no sending off and a penalty (surprised it wasn't retaken, seeing as Artur didn't dive out of the way)

I sincerely hope the Football League get to see that as and when they review the referee's match report.

Is there any date proof with that KBG?

Manchester United’s long search for a replacement for Howard Webb was finally unveiled on Saturday, with new signing Kevin Friend.

Friend neatly slotted into the role vacated by Webb, by

Reducing the away side to 10 men before half time-check

Awarding a dubious penalty when it looked as though United might not get a winner-check.

Adding on copious injury time for no readily apparent reason-check.

“I particularly liked the way Kevin showed a yellow to Surman for a tackle on Shaw but not to Shaw for a replica challenge on Smith earlier”, beamed Webb. “I also loved the way he showed Zlatan a yellow for dissent, to give the impression he was being fair, but did not follow that up with a second yellow for throwing Mears to the ground, stamping on Mears or elbowing him in the face. I was worried he wasn’t going to give a second yellow to the away captain for also throwing Zlatan to the ground, but he eventually remembered.

Webb continued “The only thing I may have done differently was to quickly show a club colour Red to Mings for landing on a player he was trying to vault over and also tried to find a way for the penalty kick to be retaken after it was saved. Encroaching or keeper movement is always a good one I have used in the past. But Kevin has only just signed for United, so he’s new to the system and will learn”, Webb concluded.

To be fair to United, the likes of Zlatan and Paul Pogba are unlikely to come up against world class players such as Dan Gosling and Charlie Daniels every week, so in the end a great point for the 12 men of United against the 10 of former League 2 Bournemouth…

afcblady - 6/3/2017 10:03

Manchester United’s long search for a replacement for Howard Webb was finally unveiled on Saturday, with new signing Kevin Friend.

Friend neatly slotted into the role vacated by Webb, by

Reducing the away side to 10 men before half time-check

Awarding a dubious penalty when it looked as though United might not get a winner-check.

Adding on copious injury time for no readily apparent reason-check.

“I particularly liked the way Kevin showed a yellow to Surman for a tackle on Shaw but not to Shaw for a replica challenge on Smith earlier”, beamed Webb. “I also loved the way he showed Zlatan a yellow for dissent, to give the impression he was being fair, but did not follow that up with a second yellow for throwing Mears to the ground, stamping on Mears or elbowing him in the face. I was worried he wasn’t going to give a second yellow to the away captain for also throwing Zlatan to the ground, but he eventually remembered.

Webb continued “The only thing I may have done differently was to quickly show a club colour Red to Mings for landing on a player he was trying to vault over and also tried to find a way for the penalty kick to be retaken after it was saved. Encroaching or keeper movement is always a good one I have used in the past. But Kevin has only just signed for United, so he’s new to the system and will learn”, Webb concluded.

To be fair to United, the likes of Zlatan and Paul Pogba are unlikely to come up against world class players such as Dan Gosling and Charlie Daniels every week, so in the end a great point for the 12 men of United against the 10 of former League 2 Bournemouth…
:hihi:

;