Kings Park car park

DJ

Looks like a road has been laid to link the main car park and the lorry car park.

Now all they need to do is open kings park drive for an hour after matches and it's sorted.

I usually park in the lorry park so this is going to make it more congested getting out.

Will it also be £1 to park?

I thought it may have been of interest to all those who have wanted an exit out of the car park in that direction.

Thanks for posting, DJ. Sounds good. So annoying for all those people wanting to turn left at the end of the game as people block the road as they wait to turn right. (Good to get a steward to get that right incoming lane used after the game to add an extra exit lane). Hopefully will help with getting back to boscombe - as it used to be in the old pot-hole days.

shame the council forced the club to seperate the lorry park and the football car park in the first place. Only taken them 5 years to recognise what we said at the time - what a balls up.
Haven't the club been liable for this area since they took over the main car park? If the council forced the separation, what would have caused the change of heart?

Haven't the club been liable for this area since they took over the main car park? If the council forced the separation, what would have caused the change of heart?

perhaps there was an outbreak of that rare thing - common sense. I remember when the plans were drawn up and, I was told at the insistence of the Council, the area was divided up just how many potential car park spaces were lost as well as the loss of access from the lorry park end. Simply brain dead planning.

I'm not sure thats a good thing, but I might just be being selfish. I've used the lorry park for a while now, travelling down some distance, its not always easy to arrive early. If you arrive by about 45 minutes before kick off you can usually get in and at £3.50 its still good value. It is also easier to get out and if you wait 15/20 mins you pretty much drive straight out down to Boscombe/Pokesdown.

That much additional traffic going down that way might just cause more congestion generally than less?

As I said, I might just be being selfish but to be fair, if people were prepared to pay £3.50 instead of £1 the lorry park would be full by about an hour and half before kick off and I'd never get in there anyway.

perhaps there was an outbreak of that rare thing - common sense. I remember when the plans were drawn up and, I was told at the insistence of the Council, the area was divided up just how many potential car park spaces were lost as well as the loss of access from the lorry park end. Simply brain dead planning.
It was obvious from the start that blocking the exit to the south was a really stupid idea. Let's hope the outbreak of common sense extended to allowing cars to exit via Gloucester Road after matches, otherwise the benefits will be minimal.

Please be aware, there is a leftturn at the exit of the car park, which will bring you out on to Gloucester Road in Boscombe.

Just noticed this on the supporters guide on COWS. Having never read it before could be new information.

TRAVEL AND STADIUM NOTES
The club has funded and Bournemouth Council have managed works to improve both the path at the south of the stadium and the installation of a gateway from the south car park into the lorry car park.
The path, which runs alongside the south car park, used to become very boggy during wet weather and also didn’t extend to the end of the car park. These issues have both been fixed giving an even and easier to manage route for pedestrians.
By opening up the barrier post-match between the two car parks, vehicles parked in the the south car park have the option to use this route to exit via Gloucester Road, onto the A35 Christchurch Road and away from the queue along Kings Park Drive. They can either then turn right towards Boscombe or go left towards Christchurch. If drivers continue on the A35 towards Christchurch and take the left exit Castle Lane East, this will take them to the A338.
These works have been completed today and will be available for use at the Arsenal game on Sunday. We would ask drivers to be courteous with each other to ensure the car park clears as quickly as possible

;