Kings Park Drive - Parking

What actually does that achieve on the Pokesdown side?

A few cars leading up to the King's Park Nurseries aren't really a problem.

Is this both sides or just the Pokesdown side anyone know? I am a blue badge holder and normally park along the drive at the golf course end.

Thistlebarrow Road is the one they should look at. The parking on both sides with traffic coming from both directions with no place to pull in to let another vehicle through.

Not sure what would happen if an emergency vehicle wanted to get through, as that road is quite narrow with cars parked both sides.

What actually does that achieve on the Pokesdown side?

A few cars leading up to the King's Park Nurseries aren't really a problem.

Revenue generation from those who don't follow @dorpollfootball on Twitter?

What would help more is for Dorset Police to get a few Bobbies out on the traffic lights and roundabouts just after the match, waving the footie vehicles through and on to the main routes out of town. They used to do it. It worked. Why not now? We only get crowds of 11000 ffs.
I doubt they have any police trained in that sort of traffic control anymore ....

Thistlebarrow Road is the one they should look at. The parking on both sides with traffic coming from both directions with no place to pull in to let another vehicle through.

Not sure what would happen if an emergency vehicle wanted to get through, as that road is quite narrow with cars parked both sides.
They changed this a few years ago so that you can only park on one side. It made things much better, and as I live on Thistlebarrow Road I was happy with that. And I don't have a problem with traffic there anyway, after all, I bought the house knowing the traffic every other week and the football ground was there way before me!

Think they brought in the restrictions when we got promoted to the Prem, maybe before, something to do with Emergency vehicle access if there's an "incident". It was alright for everyone on foot leaving after the match ( those that stay 'til the end and Sweet Caroline ). Last season it was noticeable there's a lot of Taxis using it as a pick up point. So there's a steady stream of them coming downstream as all the foot-sloggers go upstream. Then the 3 point turns and trying to get out a.s.a.p. Can hardly get above a slow walking speed trundling the Good Lady back to her carriage : )

They changed this a few years ago so that you can only park on one side. It made things much better, and as I live on Thistlebarrow Road I was happy with that. And I don't have a problem with traffic there anyway, after all, I bought the house knowing the traffic every other week and the football ground was there way before me!

I am referring to Thistlebarrow Road where it is opposite William Road and down to the football ground, passing the road where the houses that are behind the East stand are. Cars are parked on both sides of the road on match days, before, during and after the game until people come out of the ground.

I remember seeing a team coach attempt to go thru - it got stuck, and couldnt go fwd or back. agree that parking should one side only, if just for emergency vehicles

This road is used by Blue badge holders as it is already marked with double yellow lines. So I have phoned the club about this and at reception they did not know about it. They are looking into this and going to call me back. I will be interested in what alternatives they have for the disabled to get close to the ground if this option is removed.

This road is used by Blue badge holders as it is already marked with double yellow lines. So I have phoned the club about this and at reception they did not know about it. They are looking into this and going to call me back. I will be interested in what alternatives they have for the disabled to get close to the ground if this option is removed.

horndean_exile any update please?
My dad is also a Blue badge holder and parks on these double yellows, yesterday he parked there as usual. Once parked he spoke to the police that were on duty in the road, they knew nothing and suggested he spoke to the stewards on duty at the entrance to the car park. These stewards stated that they have never seen any blue badge holder get a ticket and not to worry about it even though the new signs were on display. Finally he spoke to the actual stewards that had put the signs up and they said they had no idea if as a blue badge holder whether he would receive a fine or not and that they were just under instruction to put them up.

I doubt they have any police trained in that sort of traffic control anymore ....
The good old ' bobby' has gone. Police aren't interested in solving minor crime anymore. Can't get one out to deal with criminals then you aren't going to get one out filtering traffic. Traffic police, different kettle of fish altogether. Money makers. Council tax rises aren't to improve policing they're just to top up civil servant pension pots

In an advert for 606, they asked Sheff Utd fans "to ring in about your first game" as " you will still be stuck in the AFC Bournemouth car park "........our crap ( lack of )traffic control is getting nationwide notoriety

In an advert for 606, they asked Sheff Utd fans "to ring in about your first game" as " you will still be stuck in the AFC Bournemouth car park "........our crap ( lack of )traffic control is getting nationwide notoriety

Have you parked in there recently? Now there is a Gloucester Road exit it takes ten minutes. Suggest the BBC keep up

Last edited:
Have you parked in there recently? Now there is a Gloucester Road exit it takes ten minutes. Suggest the BBC keep up

No never, but I do walk pass alot of stationary cars waiting to get out, at the light at QPC and the turn off for the spur road, and remember this is a crowd of 10k+

A crowd of 10,000 anywhere you will get a traffic jam.
Why does everyone have to rush home after a game.
I would suggest waiting with a coffee or parking somewhere else.

A crowd of 10,000 anywhere you will get a traffic jam.
Why does everyone have to rush home after a game.
I would suggest waiting with a coffee or parking somewhere else.

That's why I am walking, 10min walk to my car on street parking, and away, no problem. At Aston Villa I have a car park place by the A38 for the same reason, 10 walk and away. Parking very near or in offical car parks are a no no for me. Obviously, if you have mobility issues then close parking is essential, but to see the line of car crawling out of DC car park year in, year out doesn't seems to me like we are really bothered about reducing the queues, and speeding up the exit.

horndean_exile any update please?
My dad is also a Blue badge holder and parks on these double yellows, yesterday he parked there as usual. Once parked he spoke to the police that were on duty in the road, they knew nothing and suggested he spoke to the stewards on duty at the entrance to the car park. These stewards stated that they have never seen any blue badge holder get a ticket and not to worry about it even though the new signs were on display. Finally he spoke to the actual stewards that had put the signs up and they said they had no idea if as a blue badge holder whether he would receive a fine or not and that they were just under instruction to put them up.
Hi I phoned reception at the club and they new nothing about new restrictions on the drive and said they would get back to me. They did get back to me and suggested I parked in the indoor Bowling car park further down the road. I got to the ground much earlier last Saturday and found it was easy just to park in the club car park and for nothing with the badge. HOWEVER, it was awful getting out of the afterwards so I'm looking for an alternative. The Bowling car park might be fine but you will probably get even worse issues leaving if you need to get up the drive to the A338 which I need to as you are further up it. Looks like nobody has a clear definitive view if you can still use Kings Park Drive with a blue badge, not even the club.

;