Lambert's comments

kirsikka

UTC Legend
There's no way we deserved to lose that," said Lambert. "We looked so comfortable I would have been disappointed to draw, let alone lose."

I thought they were the better side for half an hour but thereafter it was a one way procession and, rather than dealing with us comfortably, poor control by us at a crucial moment, poor shooting or a goal line clearance was all that kept them in front. If that's how he analyses being bossed for sixty minutes of a match they're in for a torrid end to the season.

they said as much on MOTD, he is talking through his **************** and all stoke fans know that.
they desperately needed fresh legs after an hour because we just kept running at them, he delayed any subs, whereas EH subs won the game.

Deluded but he’ll be out of a job albeit with a fat payout before the end of the year.

Average L1/2 sort of manager at best.

Credit for how he got them playing for the first 30 but yeah, he needed to do something at half time and his subs were about 15 mins too late

USCherry - 4/2/2018 14:09

Credit for how he got them playing for the first 30 but yeah, he needed to do something at half time and his subs were about 15 mins too late

But how much was it down to then starting well, or us starting badly? so many times this season we haven't turned up until half-time. We started playing after about 30 minutes yesterday.

Josh King got better as the game went on - not surprising after his injury lay-off. Stoke looked shot before Mousset came on - they had no answer to his pace. He is also unpredictable - they never knew what he was going to do - not surprising, as I'm not sure he knows what he is going to do a lot of the time - I don't !

If Mousset can kick on from here, we have one hell of a player on our hands. Combined with Jordon Ibe finally settling down, we are starting to look like a decent side again. Long may it continue.

punkrockcherry - 4/2/2018 14:22

USCherry - 4/2/2018 14:09

But how much was it down to then starting well, or us starting badly? so many times this season we haven't turned up until half-time. We started playing after about 30 minutes yesterday.

Josh King got better as the game went on - not surprising after his injury lay-off. Stoke looked shot before Mousset came on - they had no answer to his pace. He is also unpredictable - they never knew what he was going to do - not surprising, as I'm not sure he knows what he is going to do a lot of the time - I don't !

If Mousset can kick on from here, we have one hell of a player on our hands. Combined with Jordon Ibe finally settling down, we are starting to look like a decent side again. Long may it continue.

Good that mousett and Ibe seem good mates, could be a successful partnership...bit like jack and Benik but hopefully with more goals! Ps see mirror gave afobe 4 rating yesterday.

redharry - 4/2/2018 11:52

they said as much on MOTD, he is talking through his **************** and all stoke fans know that.
they desperately needed fresh legs after an hour because we just kept running at them, he delayed any subs, whereas EH subs won the game.

I used to be very critical of Eddy’s delayed substitutions. He is now regularly subbing at 60 to 65 minutes rather than 70 to 75 minutes which I believe is making a difference as it gives the new player a chance to acclimatise to the pace of the game and then make a difference as it showed again yesterday

Merleyfan - 4/2/2018 15:39

redharry - 4/2/2018 11:52

Good point ??

I used to be very critical of Eddy’s delayed substitutions. He is now regularly subbing at 60 to 65 minutes rather than 70 to 75 minutes which I believe is making a difference as it gives the new player a chance to acclimatise to the pace of the game and then make a difference as it showed again yesterday

I think Lambert is actually talking to his own players. He wants to encourage them, and making BS comments to the media is - I guess - one way to do that.

;