Last 4 signings

Coughlin

Reserves
MePham, Solanke, Kelly and Danjuma. Absolutely no impact on the season. Reason beyond most for our predicatament. Add Ibe and Fraser and it is little wonder we are where we are.

You are not allowed to say this. Our transfers since we have been in the premier league have been faultless remember....

This is despite the fact in every other season we have put the championship winning players back in to stay up and the one year we don’t have enough left is the year we can’t buy a win.....

You are not allowed to say this. Our transfers since we have been in the premier league have been faultless remember....

No one says this. They just defend daft comments claiming this.

Mepham is 22 and was absolutely outstanding at the end of last year when played on the right hand side of defence. He will only get better.

Kelly and Danjuma have been injured for the majority of the last 12 months. So harsh to blame them for making no impact.

Solanke - yes he’s struggling. But blame a relegation battle on him?

MePham, Solanke, Kelly and Danjuma. Absolutely no impact on the season. Reason beyond most for our predicatament. Add Ibe and Fraser and it is little wonder we are where we are.

I can’t believe some of the posts on here, it’s almost as if they don’t take any notice of what’s happening or goto games. Mepham has been great when called upon and you can see he’s going to be a massive talent. You can’t judge Kelly as he’s played 10 minutes of the season. Danjuma has been injured 80% of the season. Only one I agree with is Solanke.

Ibe and Fraser were signed years ago.

Mepham has been very good at times and I think he would have kept his place if he hadn't got injured. Two others have got injured. Solanke is crap but then again so is Wilson this season so surely he's as much of the reason as any of the signings.

Mepham is 22 and was absolutely outstanding at the end of last year when played on the right hand side of defence. He will only get better.

Kelly and Danjuma have been injured for the majority of the last 12 months. So harsh to blame them for making no impact.

Always the go to thing to say after someone criticises a post "you're not allowed to say this"... "now I need your permission for my opinions" it's nonsense.

On the other hand, Brooks, Lerma, Stacey, Billing (even Ramsdale).

Very easy to cherry pick (pun intended) examples to make a point. In my opinion, our problems run deeper than poor signings

Ask the fans of Norwich, Aston Villa, West Ham, Watford etc about their transfers and I think you will find most will say that they were pants as well, when you are struggling it's hard to look good.

Totally agree with this . 2 of the players have been injured all season . When Mepham did get a regular run he looked very good

With Danjuma he seemed to pick up a reoccurrence of his foot injury on his first day at the club, have to wonder what the medical was like before he signed?! He then did the same thing on his other foot about 3 months later.

He has talent we can see that, but it's not good if he can never get in the side. But at the moment he looks one of the few players likely to create or shoot, and I think whatever division we're in next season he'll have a part to play, fitness allowing.

For Kelly, blame a certain Mr Arter for a crazy challenge in training as one of his last acts at the club. Another 3 month injury that seemed to last 6 or more, similar to Danjuma. But not the player's fault. His credentials are solid and he'll be a big player for us next season in whichever division.

Mepham is a class act in development. He has a bit of everything you want for a central defender, he just has to put it all together and concentrate for 90 minutes. Not a bad signing by any means. Another injury though...

Solanke has been the disappointment that's fair to say. Admirable workrate aside, I'm just not sure what we saw in him. But I will him on!

Let's not forget Stacey, who looks a talent if a bit rough around the edges. And Billing, who is class when he puts his mind to it (although does go missing it must be said). Neither were bad signings.

We are not the only ones with so called duff signings. I give you Joelinton at Newcastle. £ 40 million signing on £110,000 per week, 2 premier league goals ? Add to that Almiron another £ 21 million signing who is not exactly setting the premier league alight. I think we do relatively well with our signings and our budget .

Solanke is the only one of those 4 I would say is a huge disappointment... He will always be another 'he just needs one goal' player for us... Just a bloody expensive one...?

Mepham almost got himself in a position where he was the first player on the sheet when he stepped up earlier this season... Did he get injured again, letting Cook/Ake in again??? He will be a great signing for us...

Kelly... so getting injured and playing your first PL minutes last weekend has given you enough to label him as being a major part of our predicament?

Danjuma... Has shown oodles of promise in the brief cameos he's had... Again, I think he will be a good player for us, just been a bad year, injury-wise for him... Hardly a reason for our current predicament... That has to lay at the door of Eddie and his crop of highly paid and underperforming players... and I know you can argue that the fact they're highly paid is not their fault, BUT, they are highly paid because it is deemed they are of a suitable quality to justify their wage, and be in the PL...

You don't employ and pay an apprentice to perform at the higher reaches of your company... You employ and pay for an employee that can deliver on what you're asking them to deliver on...

Since Solanke seems to be getting alot of flak here, may I just add that he has had games where he has made a nuisance of himself when others around him have contributed zilch. Yes, a striker who doesn't score goals was always going to be a luxury but to say he has had no positive impact or blame him for the situation is very short sighted.

He's also only 22 and feel like he needs another spell at a lower league like when he was on loan at Vitesse to gain some confidence & positive reinforcement. His England youth stats demonstrate that he has goals in his locker.

It has been well documented that we are not providing enough quality balls into dangerous areas. Even Aguero would struggle.

Since Solanke seems to be getting alot of flak here, may I just add that he has had games where he has made a nuisance of himself when others around him have contributed zilch. Yes, a striker who doesn't score goals was always going to be a luxury but to say he has had no positive impact or blame him for the situation is very short sighted.

He's also only 22 and feel like he needs another spell at a lower league like when he was on loan at Vitesse to gain some confidence & positive reinforcement. His England youth stats demonstrate that he has goals in his locker.

It has been well documented that we are not providing enough quality balls into dangerous areas. Even Aguero would struggle.
Ibe also made a nuisance of himself at the club rearranging shop fronts.

If you accidentally exclude the two signings that seem to have settled in reasonable well and include the two players that have pretty much been out the whole season injured along with unfairly lambasting the player who seemed to be making the step up before injury also struck him down then yes, all the recent signings have been bad.

;