Last call - Cherries Trust AGM

Rather a dismal turn out... can this motley bunch of a baker's dozen really be our fan base?

14 people turned up... I just feel sorry for the committee who seemed to have worked hard and made some good progress.

Fault probably mine but I don't know what the trust is trying to do or has done. More inclined to become a member if I did.

Dave Stone - 7/9/2017 19:04

Can I ask how the AGM date/time was communicated to members?

Members were emailed about the original date, and the rescheduled date, plus details about applying for election.
The same information was posted here, Facebook and Twitter. Plus it was on our website.

4 people stood for election and sadly, only 14 attended. 2 newly elected Board members were on holiday for the rescheduled date but submitted statements.
I think communication was OK, but always open to suggestions.

Often attended Supporters Trust meetings with more board members than attendees.

This area of the football club just isn't popular with everyone. The vast majority want to turn up at 3pm on a Saturday (or whenever Sky or BT have scheduled us) watch 90 minutes of football and go home.

That's always been true in League Two or the Premier League.

Personally don't think these things should be judged on attendances of meetings and good luck to all those involved.

Chubby_Cherry - 7/9/2017 21:55

Dave Stone - 7/9/2017 19:04

Can I ask how the AGM date/time was communicated to members?

Members were emailed about the original date, and the rescheduled date, plus details about applying for election.
The same information was posted here, Facebook and Twitter. Plus it was on our website.

4 people stood for election and sadly, only 14 attended. 2 newly elected Board members were on holiday for the rescheduled date but submitted statements.
I think communication was OK, but always open to suggestions.

No emails received by me regarding the original or rearranged date, just checked on Twitter......nothing?

Only one announcement on cherries trust Facebook on 31st August?

Doesn't look like it was promoted enough to me

Well it was on here and I received emails for the original and rearranged date.

Of course to receive an email you have to register with the Cherries Trust - hopefully becoming a full member. They also have a presence on Facebook and post on Twitter... not sure what more they can do.

Clearly there appears to be an issue with our CRM, but we did post here, Facebook and Twitter. Apogies if not everyone got to see those.

We are in the process of revamping our website, so hopefully that will improve that situation.

We will be producing minutes from last night, which will go up on our website when complete, and I think, in light of the communication issues experienced here, we should maybe hold another forum, like we held last year.
What are your thoughts on repeating that?

;