LAST MAN STANDING - Season 2018/2019 - The 4th Premier League Season - Game 1

Outstanding. I have driven some of those routes, but never coast to coast. Didn't realize you were as near as NF, might have done a short road trip (just about an hour from us).

Niagara Falls was a last minute decision (part of the fun of a holiday like this). We said to each other, 'we are only 100 miles away, we can't not do it can we?'

Entries for the weekend were:

Afcdibby AFCB Spurs Liverpool Man City Chelsea Leicester Wolves Man Utd
getinthere AFCB Everton Liverpool Chelsea Man City Leicester Spurs Burnley
Herbs Spurs Man City Liverpool Arsenal Chelsea Leicester Everton Burnley
Sam AFCB Chelsea Man City Liverpool Arsenal Man Utd Spurs Leicester West Ham
Toronto John AFCB Spurs Liverpool Arsenal Chelsea Leicester Man City Man Utd

Afcbdibby and Toronto John guessed correctly, so we have a final!!!

The fixtures for the weekend commencing 20th October are:

Chelsea v Man Utd (Saturday 12.30 pm)
AFCB v Southampton (Saturday 3.00 pm)
Cardiff v Fulham (Saturday 3.00 pm)
Man City v Burnley (Saturday 3.00 pm)
Newcastle v BHA (Saturday 3.00 pm)
WHU v Spurs (Saturday 3.00 pm)
Wolves v Watford (Saturday 3.00 pm)
Huddersfield v Liverpool (Saturday 5.30 pm)
Everton v Palace (Sunday 4.00 pm)
Arsenal v Leicester (Monday 8.05 pm)

Please pick three teams, you have not yet chosen in this game, and place them in a preferred order. We will then consider the first choices first. If both win {or lose] then we go on to the second choices (and then the third , if necessary). If one chooses correctly on the first and the other doesn't the game finishes there and we have a winner. As this is the final we have a tie breaker (if required) - predict the crowd at Dean Court - closest is the winner.

Hope that is clear.

To maintain secrecy, at this point, please send me a pm with your choices.

Good luck to you both.

:utc:

Thanks AC. Shouldn't the tie-breaker go to the entry that comes from the furthest distance from DC?:wahey:

Seriously, thanks for running the pool, it's been great fun. Good luck dibby. :cheers:

Thanks dibby. Got three of my responses carved in stone, but still fussing with the fourth. Will get it to Audenshaw by Friday and I expect he will then share with us. Can reveal with certainty that Saints are not one of my picks!!

The entries are in:

Afcdibby AFCB Spurs Liverpool Man City Chelsea Leicester Wolves Man Utd Arsenal Everton Newcastle 10,724

Toronto John AFCB Spurs Liverpool Arsenal Chelsea Leicester Man City Man Utd Wolves Everton Newcastle 10,766

Wow, this could be a very tight finish and will be settled on the Arsenal and Wolves results or a 42 difference in the crowd at the Cherries v Southampton game.

Good luck to you both.

:utc:

Excellent. The Newcastle pick was the one that vexed me, and there you are with the same. Dibby is not permitted to skip going to the game to diminish the attendance. Ahh, it has been great fun and I will be glued to the TV tomorrow morning - both Cherries and Wolves-Watford are being televised.

;