Last nights results not helpful- dropped to 14th place in PL

MMP

Reserves
Those 2 dropped points for the wasted chances at Southampton has certainly panned out in table now after last nights results.
With Watford,Burnley and Leicester all winning it has now dragged us into the relegation pack; the prospect of picking up points in the next 3 matches against the top 3 sides seems unlikely but if we could muster a win at Liverpool it would drag us into a relatively safe zone with 37 points and a bit of breathing space.
Tonight's matches and results will certainly mix up the table once more by end of evening.
No pressure to win at Liverpool then.

If the boys can replicate the spirit and skill they showed up at Old Trafford, then a point or even three is absolutely possible. We're on a four game unbeaten run.

UTC!

I honestly think Chelsea is a more winnable game. Spurs are now starting to pressurise them a bit and the defeat to Palace may have introduced a few doubts.

If everything goes against us tonight, we could be 16th, 4 points above the relegation zone. With Chelsea and Spurs to play next.

Just shows how tight the league is at the bottom. I'm sure there will be a few more twists and turns before the season is finished.

I do now think we need at least one win from the next three games. Difficult as it may appear who knows what might happen? It's a crazy League!!

I don't see the problem.

There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't pick up 13 points from our final 5 games. Leicester's the only one that's in any way tricky.

billythekid - 5/4/2017 10:09

Important games tonight.

Hull v Middlesbrough

Swansea v Spurs

If Boro win then we don't fall any closer.

If Hull win then it basically confirms Boro as relegated and confirms two of the three positions., meaning that about 6 clubs are fighting to stay away from just one spot. And the odds are much in our favour there.

A draw helps neither.

Swansea will do very very well to get anything out of Spurs.

Blimey it's all gone a bit jittery.

8 points from our last 4 games was excellent, last night's results were not massive shocks and all those three teams were - in varying degrees - pretty likely to be safe.

As I've said elsewhere, it's the bottom four that are the issue. Of course we're not safe but let's not go into a meltdown if (as is very possible) we lose to the top three teams in the league.

For my mind, I reckon we only need another 3 points and we will be safe this season.

In essence right now , we are 8 points clear of Hull and 7 ahead of Swansea when you factor in goal difference.

Relax people.

It's tempting but false to get alarmed over last nights results - it's purely a maths game now, and the only results that really matter are those of Hull and Swansea. Yes, it would be nice to finish higher up the table, but 17th will do, and 37 points (maybe at a very unlikely pinch 38) will be enough.

It is slightly unfortunate the three teams we are playing next still have everything to play for, they would certainly be easier propositions in a few games time when Chelsea will be guarnatted the title and the other two have clinched their CL places.

Before last night 7 points clear of relegation. After last night, 7 points clear of relegation. We haven't been dragged into anything.

DJ - 5/4/2017 11:08

Before last night 7 points clear of relegation. After last night, 7 points clear of relegation. We haven't been dragged into anything.

Yep, this thread came 24 hours too early :hihi:

Cant see us blowing the run in. Boro / Sunderland and Stoke are imploding and Burnley are just Insipid. Leicester will hopefully be on the beach.

However before we hit that run of fixtures this place will probably be in meltdown.

Put it this way - a win and another draw will do.

And if we can't win one of our last nine we deserve to go down and those responsible for the Dubai trip should be strung up!

But in the real world none of that's gonna happen. :)

When you put it into the context of doing enough to stay up then it doesn't sound quite so alarming!

Think I get too easily drawn into the 'must do better than last season' line of thinking.

Whereas the JCLs just expect us to win every single game and will panic if we lose the next three.

;