Last shout - any items for our Trust Board/ Club Board meeting

Chubby_Cherry

Star Player
Evening,

We've been talking to the club about last Tuesday, and forms part of the agenda for our Board to Board meeting tomorrow.

Are there any other items that need raising?

We have ticketing, stadium development on the list too.

We always monitor what is being said here and elsewhere, so anything already suggested has been considered.

For turnstile issues I genuinely think running some barriers to aid in queue management would help massively, the barriers could be labelled for which turnstiles they serve and searches carried out long before getting near the entrance

Please emphasise to them that it is important that queues for the East Stand turnstiles are permitted from both directions which helps a quicker throughput and prevents masses of fans dangerously congregating behind the north stand.

Lots of supporters with seats in the East stand come across Kings Park from the Pokesdown direction and it is inconvenient and futile to make them walk three-quarters of the way round the stadium to join everyone else in the scrum waiting to get into the north and east stands.

Chubby_Cherry - 26/9/2017 10:41

It is my understanding the barriers and use of are already under consideration for Saturday

Please ensure all barriers are removed before the end of the game, after the Brighton Cup game there were some barriers outside the North Stand (first time ever so I don't know why they were put there).
It was dangerous, people were pushing against them and several people stumbled in the crush.
Oh and lights please behind the North Stand.

It was just those barriers that had been erected to stop access to the East stand turnstiles from the south for the Cup tie.
If barriers are going to be used to filter supporters, they need to be intelligently placed.

Illumination behind the NS... Evening games and darker evenings will mean its 'very' dark behind there...

Light up the turnstile signs as plenty of new fans don't know which is which...

Ask, why it is important to use 'exact' turnstiles..? Can this feature be disabled to allow fans to use whichever turnstile they want, obviously for the right stand????

Have stewards walking up the queues, to ensure they are in the right queue, AND for the right turnstile.

Stewards should be constantly highlighting which queue is which...

A curveball here... But is is also possible to ask why the scoreboard now spends more time on adverts, than actually showing the time...? It used to be only when the ball was out of play... Seems a hell of a lot more now...

Corruption of the points system for Cup points established by the club but now corrupted because the club can't manage a traditional situation.

Whilst the lighting is required I'd bet that the reasons it's not been done are neighbourts complaining about light pollution into their gardens/windows etc

if it is true that the Police are insisting that every ticket holder is searched then the club should push back on that (at Neil Blake level). As others have pointed out, the crowded queues present an easy target for a bomber and you don't even need to have bought a ticket to attack them.

While personally I didn't see any evidence that searching was the main problem in the cup game, it seems a waste to divert energy and resources to wholly unnecessary and ultimately futile activity.

You have probably seen my point in earlier posts that the main problem seemed to be unfamilarity of paper ticket holders with the scanning machines, and an absence of targeted help and instruction for them as they were queuing, or prior to that. For example why not edit the instruction video down so that it only shows what to do with a paper ticket, and send a link to that video to everyone who buys a paper ticket?

At Everton this weekend searched by a Police sniffer dog (actually being announced by their security as you arrived that it was searching for pyrotechnics) this was followed by an effective tap down search from security.
No idiots guide required for using a bar code ticket - no queue; no waiting and with only 2 turnstiles being used
Efficient, safe and effective security - now.........at home ????

Travel - The accessible minibus was excellent, giving peope an opportunity to get to distant way games. Can the club put these on for all away games please? Perhaps they could ask people if they would travel to a game, and then book the bus?

I was also at Everton, my son was checked by a steward, I said where's the lady steward for me and he just waved me through, didn't even have my bag checked.

Very late release of tickets. V Brighton a load of tickets became available at the last minute, and remained unsold, unless I am mistaken. I would guess 100 or so when I looked at the tickets site. Can this be done earlier to allow those without tickets to attend - and obvs this is revenue lost. I understand some maybe corporates, but there was also a number of row A seats that are usually reserved for disabled. As a disabled fan I appreciate this but surely these seats can be released earlier. We have all had plenty of time to make a decision so open seats up.

We second Mr Trent's suggestion re - The Accessible Minibus to ALL aways. If they can guarantee it will run and promote it, I'm sure it would soon be full or at least 2/3 full every time. Although it makes for a long day out, the enjoyment the Good Lady got from the "matchday experience" was well worth it : )

Ps Rob said I could get to hear some Diamond Head, next trip. Can't wait : )

Pps Good luck and thank you all, for giving up your spare time tonight, Chubby and the rest of your crew : )

Could you ask them what our actual capacity is after the changes in the summer and why they think 1,000 less people are going to games?

Chubby_Cherry - 25/9/2017 23:15

Evening,

We've been talking to the club about last Tuesday, and forms part of the agenda for our Board to Board meeting tomorrow.

Are there any other items that need raising?

We have ticketing, stadium development on the list too.

We always monitor what is being said here and elsewhere, so anything already suggested has been considered.

I thought you had to be a paid up member to have questions asked at these meetings.
Would be pretty miffed if I had coughed up and it was open to all and sundry.

However, good luck tonight.
Let's hope they listen to the advice and gripes you give them.

Keep same security each week at the same turnstiles. They will then very quickly get to know the season ticket holders and ones who attend every game.

;